90% of ranked games are one side steamrolling

I played many games over the weekend, but only 1 or 2 matches, that were really fair and even. Otherwise either my team gets wrecked completely or the enemy team is moped around for entire game duration.

This really has to be addressed. There is a scaling problem and as soon as one team gets level advantage it’s over. Now, of course the answer is simple, don’t give the enemy team that level advantage, but no one teaches that to the new players and the low ranked is a disaster. I said it many times and I will say it again, versus ai games are breaking the game. People train there, learn all bad habits and then try to do the same stuff in ranked, resulting in overall really low percentage of quality games.

The amount of people that simply charge solo into the enemy team is too high, I wonder where do they learn it?

It is true theres no proper way to really learn the game mechanics in detail and realistically the game puts people from the furthest end to the other in terms of Mrating they have so games are just unbalanced. It doesnt look into making it fair, rather one side can have 41% winrate the other averages 68%.
Thats how the game has always been so dont expect fixes.
The one level lead rarely is the problem but rather just the extreme skill difference is what does it. One level barely does anything outside 10 and 20.

So true, but I think this is more of a MMR balancing problem. You either get matched with a Medivh 20% winrate one horse trick player last pick when you need solo laner, or you get matched with 2 master 5k+ smurfs which carry the game alone.

I can’t remember having a balanced interesting game over my last thousand games.
There are a few last minute comebacks (i.e. lose a fight and win a lost game) on both sides, but most of the games have insanely ridiculous kill scores, such as 30-2 or 2-30. One of the teams isn’t allowed to react and is getting overrun from start to end by the other team.

And I think it IS ridiculous. How are both teams being same skill level if this stuff happens? How is that supposed to be the same, to have 5 enemies which have 40% win rate and have in your team 3 level 100 players with 70% win rate or viceversa? Sometimes it just feels like when playing at Diamond my enemies are barely gold and sometimes it feels like I’m just playing vs high master/ GM players.

1 Like