Abathur ruins QM

1. Abathur is plain superior to all other so called “supports” unless they are very skilled (which is very rare in QM) - 52.4% winrate vs 43.9 to 50.4%
  2. He is often matched vs team with noone in support role. This worsens the situation even more
  3. If there is no healer, the situation becomes only worse because he can reliable heal his teammates, while other supports can heal only under circumstances or not at all
    You need to upgrade other supports or match Abathur only vs other Abathur for game to be fair
1 Like

You make some good points but is aba really that big of a deal in QM? You said aba got 52 % winrate which means you win roughly 48 games against aba team out of 100. I wouldnt call that “ruins” qm tho

1 Like

Abathur either wrecks the map and heals his allies efficiently or he’s the biggest detriment to a comp on the planet to be honest. On some maps the enemy will have enough burst damage to quickly grind through his shields which he relies on to heal, easily clear his mines and take barely any damage from his spikebursts.

1 Like

if aba can heal efficiently then your team is doing something wrong, usually it s bad/ no focus.
the missing body is a serious issue for some teamcomps.

to be honest aba should be able to chose an ult at lvl 1, ofc a weaker version than now and at lvl 10/20 noticable improvements.

1 Like

Just leave the match before it begins when you see your team matches with a tassadar because he will match against abathur or mediv in like 0.9% of the cases.
Then just queue again

I feel like the easiest solution would be to make so that you can’t pick Abathur if you are in a party (for QM)

It’s usually not Abathur alone that breaks the game, but Aba + a hypercarry that are in party and or voice chat

The most broken combo match-ups being heroes like:
Tracer, Zeratul, Samuro, and Muradin

since they become near impossible to kill AND can secure a kill on any low hp hero anywhere on the map

I wouldn’t be so completely livid if Abathur was in less of my QM games, but he’s in over 50% of them. The ease of just hiding the entire game promotes this annoying Hero. I’d be happy if Abathur was removed.

1 Like

this is true. aba is the sole reason QM is unplayable; his winrate is generally map dependant and with no guaranteed way to counter him you are screwed if he ends up on the wrong/right team. you will likely be flamed by one of the many abathur-only players who are never wrong and flood QM but the post is 100% correct.