Add rank penalty when skipping multiple seasons

Hi,
I’ve recently returned to the game after 3-4 years long gap (or how long is it since they introduced loot chests, that’s the last thing i remember when i was not even active anymore) and after some AI and QMs, i found out that there’s a ranking season ending, so i decided to try it again …

seems the game some how remembered my rank from log time ago, as the first placement match was against silver 4-5 (i was never a good player before :)), second bronze 1 on average, third b2. But in the end, when i lost all three, it still placed me on bronze 1/2 boundary.

It would make sense to deduct some ranks from people returning after so long time so they can go up the ladder normally, like an almost new player would, instead of putting them somewhere where they will be listeining for 5+ games just “report report” (not to mention of being afraid of being banned for being bad) all the time until they manage to get to their real league or skill up back.

For some reason i think my account was somehow flagged for ow priority queue as i was meeting same players last games, but at least they were not those shouting report report and were cooperating, even though a lot of them were as bad as me :slight_smile:

1 Like

A pretty good suggestion actually. I’ve had similar ideas, but this really doesn’t sound bad at all. And most importantly, ot seems like a rather easy fix.