Blizzard, this is for you

After almost quitting the game, ive noticed the reasons why the game is NOT popular, WHY sometimes is really unfun and why other repetitive games (Aiming at League here) are more popular. (Atleast, in my opinion)

Ive just played a match with mephisto in braxis, against a zeratul, chromie AND medivh.

First problem here: Unfun, unbalanced AND not interactive content.

Nothing better than seeing zeratul cast void prison on u and be able to do NOTHING because it has no cast time and its a 95% secured kill/99% chance to escape if he wasted his E already.

Chromie R (Loop) and im giving a decent solution on this one: If the target hero runs far away (X Distance) of the position that the ult was originally targeted, it should cancel (It could refund some of the CD and the mana if its cancelled this way) because there are some heroes that are not able to do ANYTHING to counter it.
As mephisto, i had little to 0 fun, one single ability ruins basically everything for him (Was all the time in the back, low deaths because of good positioning but every ult except one were all kills) and not to talk about the level 18 (chromie) talent that makes it double loop, its not fun, its not interactive and its something that ruins the fun.

Now medivh, his ley line ult, SAME PROBLEM no cast time, wave is relatively fast AND he can move it with his lv20 talent, which makes boss/Camps captures a 99% chance for him to take it, basically work ur ass for a boss/Camp to let a medivh take it by free (And yeah, u can stand out of the area and then come in just to make him change the direction of the ult and still take the camp)

Second problem: Objectives, some of them.

Nothing like using my E forward to clean the zerg wave in braxis at level 20 to get bursted by the zergs for over 1500 dmg in LITERALLY 1.5 seconds.
Tell me blizzard, how is THAT anything close to be fun or not even fun, but counterable? ITS NOT.
And dont come saying: “Dont go into the zergs with 1500hp” i didnt, i took the well and i used E in to do my combo, and they killed me just before going back, it would be nice to see my face of “This is why hots is not popular” and not the one of “Oh, thats my error”
Or… well, garden of terror which shouldnt have been reworked because it was a decent map, but this is already known by u guys.
U saw the down votes and ignored it and kept going…

Third problem: Dumb stuff.

Kaelthas uses pyroblast on 100% health liming
Its SUPER EFFECTIVE!
Li ming has died

Boss uses root that requires complete concentration and a decent reflexes (because it takes 1 second to hit and roots for 4 years and 2 months)
Boss uses Big smORC smash
An ally has died

I UNDERSTAND that there are counters to stuff but seeing tracer, lunara and liming die full health to a kaelthas pyro is completely DUMB aswell as not paying attention 0.1second while defending a boss and dying because the root takes 3 hours.
Camps that do that are not fun, do u think its fun fighting the samurai guy in hanamura? Im sure NOBODY likes to fight that guy because its insanely strong, then why doesnt people complain to dying to a root that not only hits u like a truck but its usually followed by a smash that will probably kill u if the enemy team has some follow to it?

Start listening to the community for once, its never too late to start doing good things to the game, asking the community what they want instead of doing random things that doesnt work and WONT work, giving some love to forgotten heroes and not just toning down the ones that are seen every single match.
I would love to say “Holy F blizzard is doing an insane job in hots keep it up!” but i CANT.
What do we have to do for you guys to actually take in count some ideas to improve the game? Is there ANY WAY for it to happen?

Lets just put an example here:
Lets say someone DCs in a game because bad internet, that person doesnt want to leave the game and wants to keep playing, but that person remembers the horrible reconnect system of hots, that person still clicks the reconnect button and find that theres a new and good reconnect system, i can certainly say that person that DCd 1-2 times in a game because he couldnt afford a better one WANTS to play more.
The same happens with matchmaking (U tried to solve it, thats something that has to be recognized, but it didnt work, keep trying maybe?) and the ban system.

Anyways, this is too long, i know some people will not be with me with some of these points, specially the ultimates ones but i just wanted to say what (For me) ruins the fun in matches.

5 Likes

Hey dude…yeah…you are almosy right…
Come oon…i either play from open beta…
Heroes balances…is not big problem than this avarage 50 % win rate system…
Oh…peoples are never satisfied…its " normal"…the game cant be without problems…
About your point heroes heroic abilityes…they can change it…but they must strong!
About reconect system was fixed…in past 2 days…i either did test it again and think about that agaib,but atleast work!!
Need more long for game be better!
And i did suggested at one big tuning vers. of the game(or like huge patch).
If the game is like my versione i guarntee at everyone players wich continue play would huge better .
Read my topic " Make Heroes of the Storm Most epic game in gameing indistry thia year"…
Im 99 % sure they will add many of them! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is why you dont stack up vs Zeratul, but yeah he is a strong hero and VP is the best setup tool for wombo combos.

This is also why his AoE build was nerfed.

QM is a throw of dice and when it was made more balanced people started to complain about que times, cant please everyone i quess.

Li Ming picks up spellshield at 1 if shes smart.

1.5 s delay and an animation of casting before, getting rooted is really a l2p issue…

Recall, Spellshield and spellshield. Also baseline dmg doesnt do it, KT needs to land his AAs on heroes to get this amount of dmg and it has a casting time and you can walk out of the range which also stops the cast.

Overall QM is an unbalanced mode as sometimes heroes get 0 counters and just faceroll the games and sometimes a butcher faces 5 blinds and 20 stuns and cant do anything there.

But balancing the game for QM is a bad idea overall still.

Doesnt exist and has 0 point to exist in the world and has no oroof behibd it but ill give you an logical argument why there is no point for it.

The goal of the matchmaker is to give either team 45-55% chance of winning a game using MMR values.

If the game is wrong about your skill estimation like if youre placed too low your probability of winning is higher than what the system has calculated and you will win games more often and slowly climb.

Forcing 50% would need an accurate skill evaluation to force it, but using accurate skill evaluation alone to match players with others with similar skill will already naturally land people in the 50% range.

Why go a step further when the end result will be the same but with lower effort and better quality of games?

3 Likes

Vision…i told.you few times and i would repeat one more times about this avarage 50 % wi rate system…player wich had 55,60,over 70 % wr did do that because they had a big luck.sometime in many situaciones…and of course depence from game skill and well.drafted heros and decions to pick needed build talents…as you know very well in every game luck factor is a lot from matter!!
I did try or test all seasons this system and cant escape from Bronze…because exist so terrible players,luck factor,again decions of these young EU peoples wich miss rare times needed class ,build.talents,many times they do so stupd fights,so stupd assists…I EITHER DO THAT…I NOT SAY IM NOT SUCH PLAYERS I ADMIN THAT IN MY SELF!!.
I know very well exist whole this ,and STOP THINK WITH WORNG WAY…I NOT MEAN WHEN I SAY " AVAEAGE 50 % WIN RATE THIS MEAN FORCES 50 % WIN RATE…I WHEN I SAY " AVARAGE 50 % WIN RATE THAT MEAN THAT.I KNOW MANY PLAYERS ACHIEVE AVARAGE 60,70 % WIN RATE…why you think i mean its " forces 50 % win rate"…?!
I few times told you…this system not assist very well to climb up!!. THAT WHY SUGGEST IN.MY TOPIC TO INCREASE POINTS OF THESE 20 ACHIEVEMENTS!! WITH THIS WAY WE CAN OFFSET OUR 200 LOSES RANKED POINTS AND WE CAN CLIMP A LITLE BETTER THAN THIS BAD SYSTEM.BUT YOU NOT READ AND UNDEERSTAND THAT. PROBLEM IS YOU THINK I DONT KNOW EVERTHING THAT. I TOO PLAY FROM OPEN BETA!!
Then proof at me why will not help this whole my game vers.!! FEW TIMES I REPEAT AT YOU…IN THEORY WITH YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING THAT WOULD BE SO BAD,RIGHT?! ENSWER ME FOOL!
For undornately i cant proof this. FEW RIMES I REPEAT AT YOU THAT" WITHOUT FIRST BE TESTED SOMETHING…YOU CANT BE SURE 100% IS IT WORK WELL OR NOT!!

If its less than 50 games, luck could be the reason this is true but if you play 200 games and maintain 65% wr for exam9le its telling thay youre playing against people who are worse at the game than you are, as seen by every master and GM player climbing up the ladder every season on smurfs with 70-80% winrates.

Because these forums are full of geniuses who think Blizzard is forcing 50% winrate on 9layers and if you got more than 50% they would force you to lose, you didnt really open up your thought of it so it was the logical assumption that you were one of these believers.

Achievements are still based on statistica and can be played around just like PBMM was and it failed.

Because the achievement idea is basically PBMM but just masked behind achievements which dont tell about skill.

Statistics do not represent skill, any high lvl player or ex pro can tell you that and have said that for 4 years for a good reason…

1 Like

OMG and mephisto’s heroic being casted on five heroes with low hp kills them!!! I bet he didn’t like to play against meph either.

And, and, just erase her from game, she did hurted my feelings mommyyyyyyy

This hero is too strong, because i failed, thus it’s game bug and i demand it to be fixed!

And, and, evil ghost-pirate just shoot his cannonballs at my core and it was destrooooyeeeeed

Not picking right talents against certain enemy is surely hero’s bug, not player’s fault.

No it’s not

They have talents and skills to avoid it.

And this is fair point. But this is not game when you can win everything with one button. You can pay blizzard or sue them, if you’re capable of that and they will create this magic button just for you. Otherwise, deal with what you have now.

1 Like

Alot of this guys complaints are either “I didn’t think” or “I didn’t counter.”
Wich is 90% of the problem in the community especially as of late.

I am also annoyed when allies die to a simple KT Q. Not the big one… the SIMPLE SMALL ONE and go “KT OP Should have banned”
…Or… don’t stand still in a damage circle.

I am litterly losing my games because my allies cannot dodge basic things, cannot control or prioritize basic things while my oppenent… does all the basic things and even counters me by playing smart and coordinated… it’s not fun…
And thiis is not cause it’s QM. It’s cause it Team League and keep getting drafted againist players who practice their strats thus giving ME a challange but I can manage… but my allies can’t. Then blame it on my pick cause ooh no… it’s something they never seen before like a zagara on cursed hollow.

Also it’s not like Ii am telling them to do something. Infact in all my losses I keep sayiing things like: “They are doing a smart strategy… change tactics guys.”
Or “Just ignore this for now. We can win later.”
But to them it’s… “Nope gotta keep doing the same strategy 10 million times! Cause we get 1 kill over 3!”
Or “This objective is needed now!! Keep fighting even if it will fail!”

It’s ridiciously hard to get players to stop brawling enemies or to do something smart in the game to win it. Since apperently that’s bad meta or a bad choice.

1 Like

Dont play qm. There is a draft for a reason. Duh.

LMAO!

15 characters required.

To summerize: QM is for hardcore players and ranked is for casual ones. Only people with b a l ls play QM.

You wanna play QM, know the rules of QM. Expecially in soloQ, the hero must be choosen before knowing the map, if that’s the starting point how can you expect to learn something but clownfiesta?
If you expect QM to be representative of the game, maybe you will encounter some disappontment.

Jokes aside, it is the most played game mode in Heroes of the Storm so it is reprezentative.

Please explain what representative means. Representative of what? Not the core game rules.

If you play mainly QM, this does not mean that ranked game must follow QM rules.
I learnt the game grinding QM - oh great, I’m Master in QM, I wonder if this helps me in ranked games… SPOILER: No, it doesn’t help me since I don’t learn to draft the hero depending on the map, your teammates, the enemy comp, and so on (check unranked mode for this).

Ah so the problem is QM that doesn’t fit ranked mode? This is just wrong, it’s like I wanna learn quantum physics from a litterature teacher: for sure there is a teaching but it’s just different.
Actually, ranked play is the landmark and other game modes are just different approach to the game. But for now the core game is ranked game, no matter how many players it has.

TL;DR:
Dont play qm. There is a draft for a reason.

Of course the game got a 50/50 ratio, all games with some kind of MMR rating and balance should have this, since most players! A majority should land around 50%. Mainly what people are irritated about is how they keep you on about 50%.