Cannot continue playing as Master with friends

Hello everyone,

With the last patch master we had the change that master ranked players cannot play ranked with anyone else than masters or grand masters. I have been playing HOTS since it’s release and I have friends ranging from bronze to master. They are all fun to play with and I’ve never felt like the matches have been unfair.

So now I cannot play matches with any of them. I’m banned from all of my friend’s games. Currently I’m ranked master 200 pts. One of my friends is Diamond 1, 500 pts. I can’t even play with him. This is absolutely ridiculous. The game is forcing me to create a smurf account.

Ok, so I created a smurf account, got to level 50 and played ranked. Won 2 games, lost 1 game, ended up Silver 5. Now comes another issue. I’m ranked way too low compared to my real skill level and to reach somewhat reasonable skill level I have to play 100 games (200pts per game so 554 to reach master) and win each one of them. Until then I’m playing with too easy opponents and it’s not fair for them. And quite frankly not fun for anyone.

I really cannot understand what is Blizzard aiming for with these changes. For me it’s either smurf and play too easy games or quit the game. I don’t feel like playing zero stakes unranked or quick match is a real option.

Someone please explain. Why do they design a multiplayer game which you cannot play with your friends?

tldr: I’m master, I cannot play with diamond friend who has 700 pts less. :frowning: Game is encouraging to smurf.

1 Like