Crash during Ranked Hero Pick

This isn’t the first time this has happened, and I’d be all for losing 600 points if it did not happen a month ago.

[Link Imgur](https ://imgur.com/a/e9omxeq) - I tried for over 20 seconds to ban a hero and it just stood stuck there. I find that I was disconnected at that point exactly when i hit the ban hero button, but the battle.net app was still functioning. Funny thing is I had the same issue on my desktop a month ago with 2 disconnects losing 1200 points in a row. Now, if I am to keep playing this game, I can’t be blasted back a rank for game errors, constantly and given a leaver status for this sort of issue.

2 Likes

Hello Sylviny,

While we can’t do anything about the points lost, you could read here how to prevent those from happening.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Is there an issue with overlay programs? Like going alt-tab to read icy-veins on a browser full-screen, it seems to cause crashes. Why is that happening?

Also, if nothing can be done about points loss, then the system needs to take into account problems like disconnects at matchmaking. See Dota2 and LoL for that sort of thing.

Hello again,

Yes, Overlay Programs can be the cause to various issues. Suggestions regarding a change to the game should be made here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

This happens to me too. I lost so much points because of it. I wish hots team could help :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I just lost 600 ranked points because I had to leave a game in Team league after waiting for 5 minutes with the message ‘waiting for other players’. I just read that the dev team can’t do anything about the points lost. Is this true? Cause if this is, this is a severe punishment, in fact it makes me outrageous. It’s definitely a bug, and thus the fault of the game, and the player gets punished? That’s just not fair. I hope the dev team can give me back my hard earned points, as it should be in a righteous world…

I just crashed during ranked pick, lost points and now am in leaver status and have to play quick play games until I’m out. what the heck?

2 Likes

3 times in a row the game load screen blocked, the rejoin screen locked and a black square on the middle with the list of usernames separated by commas and with :0 at the end of the names. I don’t know what it is but the last patch crashed me. 3 games as leaver.

1 Like

Soooo many people like 14619657 on forums are overrlyy complained and mad about this issue. Just for this time can you stop leading us to troubleshooting connection stuff and actuallyy try to think about “oh wait this could be a server problem” ?? Because it is REALLYY NOT a great experience when its already hard to win in ranked and then just because of a 10 seconds server dc you lose 600 points ? equal to 3 games … HELP

1 Like

Yep. Same here. Happened 7 times this preseason. RIP 21 wins.

Hi guys,

If you are experiencing a crash or a disconnection, please make sure you follow the suggested troubleshooting first. This is extremely important as the steps advised in our support articles (Crash & Disconnections in Heroes of the Storm) help us to exclude the most common causes of such issues.

If you already tried all our suggestions and the issue still persists, please do not hesitate to open your own thread with a description of the issue, a mention of the troubleshooting steps already followed (or just a link to the relevant support article) as well as a link to your MSInfo and DxDiag files. (*)
In these cases, every bit of information helps.

*To add a link to your message, just highlight it and use the </> button.

Note: thread locked - necroposting.

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer