Deathwing nerfs?

Health reduced from 3200 to 2920.
Health Regeneration reduced from 6.67 to 6.08.
Incinerate [W]
Damage reduced from 85 to 80.
Onslaught [E]
Damage reduced from 42 to 40.
Damage at the end of the lunge reduced from 80 to 75.
Cataslysm [R]
Periodic damage reduced from 12 to 11.
Talents

Level 1
Draconic Might [Trait]
Healing reduced from 40% to 30%.
Level 7
Skyfall [E]
Healing reduced from 5% to 3% maximum Health.
Level 10
Burn Beneath My Shadow [R1]
Bonus damage reduced from 150% to 100%.
Level 16
Elementium Plating [Active]
Shield amount reduced from 35% to 30% missing Health.

XD nerfing weak hero, ok Blizzard, lets make another hero to be useless as Tracer.

1 Like

If they nerf him, they should also decrease his price from 20 k gold to 15 k gold. That’s my opinion anyway

weak heroes with +60% win-rate !

5 Likes

they destroyed everything on dw LOL .

I feel the nerfs were uneccesary. DW had a high win rate, but that’s primarily due to the power of CC in Heroes, I feel. DW worked very well with high CC comps, as it prevented issues with him missing. Now DW is weaker, and the main problem i feel is unaddressed

most people i play against as deathwing, have very little idea how to handle him, which is why they ussually lose to him. I mean if i had a gold for every time someone tried to sleep me with ana, or catch me with butchers post, i could buy another deathwing :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, rather than nerfing him, they should consider reworking worldbreaker. Destroyer form is so much better that i rarely even use worldbreaker form. Most of his talents dont synergize well with worldbreaker form, and with the lower damage and longer cooldowns on those abilities, destroyer is just more useful in most fights.

Please buff DW again, he is so weak now, especially in the early game.

On a complete different topic:
I just loved how the devs showed sarcasm, when they stated that they went “overboard” with Nazebo’s Thing of the Deep buff.

Clearly they in general got no clue as to what going overboard means…

I main deathwing and i dont think hes weak, i dont think hes strong either, where he is now is actually pretty good.

im currently at lvl 20 with him and i think i have goood grasp.

I prefer destroyer form over WB form however if he feels like sandpaper in fights you should try magewing a little, it can be pretty helpful to swap around until a kill was made to goo back to destroyer :3

indeed,i want back his old stats…
Seriosly this HoTS player base ,really cant astimate what is better for the game ,and what is not better.
Now he is a litle weaker…well…2 week in US forum non stop cry to the sky to be nurfed,there you go now…
Plus that,this fcking half good player base,created in 2 years 12131 topic about this “50 win rate”,and when HoTS get smart,better decions what stats and skills had new heroes like and DW…
YOU never understand what try do HoTS devs.
Alitle OP heroes means high % win rate,god damnt…
Jesus…this young gamer generation…

Deathwing is pub destroyer, period.
Especially if the enemy team don’t have a healer.

I’m sure in ranked people can counter him, but in Quick Play he’s on the same level of tardness, like original vanila Valeera (when you could oneshot anyone under <2k HP at level 20 with Cold Blood). But, even at those times, Valeera could be easily countered with either vision or CC or just focus, cuz she’s tiny in HP department.

TL;DR Deathwing is a nice design if you look at it from competitive side, but when you look at Quick Play, it’s an absolute disaster. (for others, not Deathwing)

nova has 68% winrate at master rank, weirdly no one complains…

1 Like

Where did you got that info? Link

Because she still feels fair when she wins and she is proberly mostly played by people, who are at a high skill level with her.

jeah but u shouldnt balance around subjective opinion.
many ppl feel dw is op when he actually isnt.

they say his permanent unstoppable is op and forget that every ability he uses is a selfstun for dw. and his movement can be bodyblocked or blocked with stuff like force wall and other terrain changes.
they say he deals too much dmg while staying in all of his aoe and not reacting to his abilities when he is using an ability.
and so on, this playerbase makes me rly sick sometimes

some slight number adjustments can fix most problems.

1 Like