Did they make the AI worse?

I saw the updated the AI and while it has never been good, it seems to me like they made it worse?

I just had a game with an ETC that disconnected, the bot just spent the rest of the game running around, not even attacking things. When we pinged, it barely followed and when it did it still didn’t participate in things. Most of the time it went in and just suicided for no reason or was literally on the other side of the map doing nothing useful.

It ended the game with less than 10k siege and 10k hero damage in 16 minutes?

Anyone else seen anything similar?

If Blizzard would like to review it I saved the replay because the AI behavior was just ridiculous.

Edit: Ok the same thing happened again literally the next game… ETC disconnected and the bot just ran around being utterly useless.

3 Likes

yes AI is worst than ever. I hope at least they roll it back as it was before the last two changes.

1 Like

today I saw a butcher AI charge a valla, hit her with lamb to the slaughter and hit her down to 5% hp before just walking away. he had 90+% hp and she was still caught in the ult, 1 autoattack would have done it and he just walked away, only to be ganked by a rotating nazeebo 10 seconds later. amazing.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, guys. It seems there’s indeed a hiccup in the A.I. routines; our dev team is aware and working for a fix that will be deployed soon. This issue is being tracked down. Thanks for your patience!

5 Likes

Problem is to while rhey work on AI…they " think"…complete great work or improvement…and during PTR they didnt test it very well or altlast rework AI program.
And onether his problem …they do not read all comments in US forum or reddit…
Its unbelieveble what is his brains and decides…or his brains are like this AI program orr bots…we onow they would reworked again AI program.
But if they continue work like that…that is not good for future of the game.
They could also witre in PTR notes what exactly are changes,not with this low info.
And they can work on AI program…when be pinged 1 time on AI to follow us, and 2 times pings , to use hearstione.
If they want to hold more players…then must decrease his mistakes.

1 Like

Come oon…stop work with mistakes way!.
First test so long time and get smart decisons. And read all comments.or warning in US forum and EU forum and reddit!
We know .that human problem…you are too humans and cant work whithout mistakes… Why PTR exist then ?!
I.know you know that…but you again work and get decions when something is not complete smart and with lesw mistakes.
And work on my topic suggestions
new ideas,mechanocs,rules,modes this year.
You know for what.my topic i talking about.
Yes…i break forum rules…that is half.my problem. Im your so old fan from first SC 1 and all.rest games.Im avarage 20 years gamer xp-ed…i ve played so many games during this period of time. I had insane game xp.

1 Like

I think it also depends on the hero. When my friend DCed on Alex, it was pretty terrible, but when one guy DCed on Tyrande, that thing was dealing damage, healing, stunning we won easily with it!

If they are testing machine learning with AI, I’d support them being that bad, but if not, this needs fixing asap. Random hearthstoning, not healing, pushing lane on Alex under enemy tower with auto attacks while the whole enemy team is missing from minimap (aka waiting to get ganked).

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

Nice to see some blue feedback =)

1 Like

Hi,
I didn’t see any mention of this in the last balance patch notes. Can we atleast get a response that its still being worked on?

I know this has been parroted alot for different issues but for me the Broken AI is the first time I considered to stop playing this game, as it really makes the games not fun.

They don’t, machine learning on starcraft wins against pro players, why wouldn’t it be the same here ?

It is, as per the AMA ~2 days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/axoc9m/heroes_developer_ama_ranked_play_balance_and/ehxrypy/?context=8&depth=9