Game crashes every time to my laptop - pixeled and trembling screen

Hi guys,

I am facing a strange problem that I have no idea how to solve. After a game starts, almost immediately the game crashes along with the screen. I have to force shut down my laptop and when I restart it, my screen is trembling for a while, until I log in back.

I updated all my drivers and my bios and closed game DVR. I have no idea how to solve it at this point.

Any ideas?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IlmxKpJ.jpg[/img]

I am running on an Asus FX553-VD with Windows 10 - latest update, but I had the same problem with previous version as well - i5 - 7300HQ @ 2,5GHz, 8GB ram and NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 @ 4 GB.

Thank you!

Good morning MarvinMars,

I suggest that, for a start, you are going through these steps here to get your issue sorted.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi Kiemmaki,

Thank you for the answer. Unfortuantely, I have already tried all of them, but the problem remains.

At this point I don’t know what could solve the problem. I have run every possible test and there were no problems found.

Thank you again for the help!

Hello again,

Could you please post a DXDiag and MSInfo here? If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi again,
Please find data below:

MSInfo https://pastebin.com/ZnnAibG3

DXDiag https://pastebin.com/AxqXpAaC

Thank you.

Thanks a million for the data. You had 4 blue screens in total today and yesterday. Unfortunately, that is nothing we can help with. There is something wrong with your PC itself that we can’t fix.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Do you have problems in other games?

Best way to check this is to open your chassis and see if vents on your graphics card start to spin when you initiate something.

I’m 99% sure your graphics card died. If you have it on PCI-E it will bridge to on board card to initiate windows, but once something more demanding is initiated, processor will request graphics card to respond. If it fails monitor will turn off or give strange things, like image you posted.

Happened to me 2 months ago.

If you have sound, processor and motherboard are ok, if your PC can turn on, RAM and power supply is ok.

These kind of results happen when graphics card dies. Since it is not needed to run windows, you don’t notice it until you run something demanding, like video game.

There is a chance that processor is overheating. In that case, your computer will freeze, you will hear broken sound for few moments and than PC will shut down. If that is the case, I strongly suggest you to stop turning it on until you check proc cooling, change paste etc.

Several years ago, around 2008-ish this was happening to me, I kept forcing it, until it fried my motherboard, at which point I had to replace entire PC… only 1 block of RAM (at that time mighty 512 RAM block :slight_smile: ) was salvaged, everything else fried.

Take it to your closest computer diagnostic service.

You can also unplug your graphics card from motherboard, plug your monitor directly to motherboard input socket, and observe what happens.

If all is working, graphics card is dead. If it is still crashing, processor is overheating.

Thats what I do in these situations, mess around with chassis :wink: Though don’t know how experienced you are with hardware.

Yes these symptoms definitely seem to indicate a failure of the hardware rather than anything else

Unfortunately you might not be able to solve a GPU issue on a laptop due to the chip quite often being soldered onto the motherboard itself

My suggestion is to you is to get a decent desktop PC with BOTH a good CPU and GPU without any onboard graphics systems and play while connected using wired Ethernet cables

Which are also running on Windows 7 as a random forced Windows 10 update may come and utterly ruin things all of a sudden sometimes

Heroes of the Storm runs best this way and has been working perfectly for me with this setup

Thank you guys for your help.
I can’t figure out the problem exactly, but for now, after a deep clean for dust etc, I managed to play in low settings. I suppose it’s some kind of overheating? Probably, although in none of the tests I did showed any extreme high temperatures. In any case, I suspect some kind of hardware failure, as Xylord said. But until I figure it out see you in the Nexus, even in low settings :slight_smile:

I am a bit curious about your computer and the hardware inside it

Could you list them for me if you know?

If you ever do buy new hardware please make sure they have extra cooling capabilities

HOTS tends to push computers into quite a workout even though it honestly shouldn’t

This is it mate:
Asus FX553-VD with Windows 10 - latest update, - Intel i5 - 7300HQ @ 2,5GHz, 8GB ram and NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 @ 4 GB.

Your computer is definitely good enough to run this game well

Cooling or power connection must be the issue

If you ever got a desktop computer even close to how good your laptop is

And try to get one with a motherboard and CPU that don’t have a GPU built into them

Your graphics card will always be used then

I guarantee you will have no problems

I also recommend Windows 7 because Windows 10 is very unreliable and they keep adding bugs from time to time with their forced updates

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a desktop with very similar range of hardware compared to yours and everything works fine for me

On desktop you can almost always easily replace the problematic part as well