Game started to freeze/stutter

Hi,
Game started recently (like yesterday)to freeze/stutter for like 1s every 20-30ties seconds. It looks like massive fps drop (RTSS reports it like move from 120 fps/gsync to 50 fps - earlier it worked correctly).
Updated information:

• not sure if there was any Game update but Windows installed KB4023057 on 20/21.03 - cannot uninstall this
    It happens in games with bots so it’s not network related.
    What I did:
  • updated GPU drivers to 419.35
  • restored old GPU drivers 417.71
  • re-installed the game and moved it from HDD to NVME drive
  • set affinity as per some instruction
  • disabled fps limit in RTS / disbaled G-Sync(Adaptive version)
  • Full screen -> Windowed / Windowed
  • set sound quality to low/medium
  • moved from Ultra settings to Low - the same issue everywhere

I don’t use any online drive which would sync during games.
Test other games [CS GO / Dota /all tombraiders, battlefield 1, APEX] - I have run 3Dmarks and Heaven Engine

Specification (no changed since it started to work badly)

• 2560x1440 @ 120hz / 75 with G-Sync (low -> ultra tested)
  • e5 2697 v3 ( @3600mhz for all cores)
  • gtx 1080ti
  • 2x8gb (month ago moved from quad to dual channel -no issues at time when I did this) @ 2133 with low timings
  • asrock taichi x99
  • OS on NVME driver (3000/2500) with games installed there
  • 2xHDD
  • 1xSSD (game moved here also for test)

Please advise.

[BTW it’s only game which flickers in adaptive Sync with my both FreeSync monitors on NVIDIA card]

Hello deithven,

I am sorry to hear about your issue and I can see, that you have tried quite a few things already. I’d suggest for a start, that you go through the additional ones here as well.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi Kiemmaki,
thanks but …
did all of that except cleaning cache [been on this site] but I have skipped it as I had restored the OS from image (it was without Battlenet).
Any other advise?

I don’t want to spread misinformation, but there have been quite a few people reporting lag and stuttering on reddit this week on the EU server. Maybe a problem from their side?

Yeah, but I have this on vs bots games.
Just checked:
Always:
-21s before game start

• and later every 20s-30s randomly [even when I’m dead staring on non-active part of the map]

What a terrible experience.

Hello Deithven,

Could you please upload online (for example on Pastebin) your DxDiag and MSInfo files and copy the links to the pages hosting them into your reply? If you can’t send a message with a link, just highlight is and use the </> button (Preformatted text).

Please run also a WinMTR test for a few minutes (minimum 5) and copy the results here.

Additionally, if you have any overlays installed (some examples can be seen here), please make sure these are disabled.

Last but not least (albeit you probably did this part already), double-check your power management settings - they should be using a high performance plan.

We always alert our players when there are server issues. :slight_smile:
Keep an eye on our dedicated Twitter channel, all service-related information is posted there!

Feedback? Click here! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer

Same issue here started on sunday 24-03 tried all the proposed solutions uninstalled the game 3 times, installed in different drives checked packet loss, disabeled dvr reduced setting to minimum, same issue on eu and american servers now testing vs ai games with no success, power managment is maxed, router rebooted several times

mtr here :

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| testwifi.here - 0 | 673 | 673 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 |

| gw97.A328.priv.bahnhof.se - 0 | 673 | 673 | 0 | 1 | 36 | 1 |

| h-109-228-167-222.NA.cust.bahnhof.se - 0 | 674 | 674 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 1 |

| quadracom -A328-sto-gw.bahnhof.net - 0 | 673 | 673 | 1 | 2 | 51 | 2 |

| netnod -ix-ge-a-sth-1500.blizzard.com - 0 | 673 | 673 | 1 | 2 | 41 | 2 |

| ae1 -br01-eqsk1.as57976.net - 0 | 673 | 673 | 22 | 23 | 74 | 23 |

| et -0-0-3-br01-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 654 | 654 | 22 | 92 | 3079 | 23 |

| et -0-0-31-pe01-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 673 | 673 | 22 | 22 | 46 | 23 |

| 137.221.66.41 - 0 | 673 | 673 | 22 | 23 | 36 | 22 |

| 185.60.112.158 - 0 | 673 | 673 | 22 | 22 | 30 | 22 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

DX Diag Here :
https ://pastebin.com/APm7xasp

FFS here we go again. There is a LOT of people reporting this. Actually last match I’ve asked about this and everyone in the team was affected(including me). So no, it’s not the problem on user’s end. I’m 99% sure it’s either some problem with client on servers side or there is something else broken with latest update. Waiting for fix.

1 Like

Thank you! could you please add your MSInfo file as well?

@Nordomus

Please follow the instructions provided in my previous message and add the information requested.

Thank you!

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer

Here u go sir reduced after 10 lines of error reporting to fit.

https ://pastebin.com/LK1vqyxN

I’m sorry to say but the game is unplayable with this lag.

Since past sunday this issue has affected 100% of the games I’ve engaged in both against AI and QM. I’m running way more craving titles without issue.

Hope you can resolve this or give us a solution promptly.

1 Like

Same stutter problem here… Very annoying…

Same problem, any fix yet?

I also have the same problem and have tried following suggested steps to no avail.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Please fix this… It’s driving me crazy! Been like it for a week or 2

It is obviously on Blizzards end but as usual they are too ignorant and blame the players. This has never occurred to me since this patch and hasn’t ever occurred on the other 6 games I play weekly. Blizzard are just so annoying and silly their best coders have probably been sent to diablo immortal OMEGALUL and they don’t have any competent people left to fix/care to fix it.

Yep still happening, and no hotfix yet. Cleared cache and did other things just to be sure, but nothing helped.

Same problem here… Blizzard, pls fix

Same here, and 40fps, down from 110+
and posting dx diag etc… is old school these days, windows takes care of it by it self…
Something did go wrong in the update ! -u cant blame players anymore…

and btw… fix AI’s :wink:

Bumping this…