Getting error missing file mscvr120 and mscvp120 please help

Thought i would give Hots a try and did the tutorial with no issue but then when i got to the main menu i try and enter loot menu it freezes up my whole Pc and can’t do anything.Pls help
Update now getting this error now missing file mscvr120 and mscvp120

Hello johannes,

Depending on your system, you try and set the compatibility mode for your system. You can find a how to here

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

The issue still there it ether freezes whole Pc or give the above mentioned error i have and asus laptop F541u I5-7200u integrated graphics hd 620 DDR4-4gig with ssd
windows 10

Hello again,

This is an issue with C++. Please check the advice given here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

First of thank your for the quick responses and help but followed those instructions now getting the following crash
E_gfxErrorAPIError
43F7361D-8A68-405D-AE73-EE8C29C65617

Hello again,

Please try:

1. Uninstall any graphics accelerator software. Note that this is typically provided by a graphics card company, or will advertise “boost game performance” on it.
  2. Once the software is removed the drivers will need to be reset to default: https://support.blizzard.com/article/000024142
  3. From there our last step will be to reset the game options using these steps: https://support.blizzard.com/article/000126203

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

unfortunately still same error also made sure graphics driver is up to date

Hello,

Could you please post a DXDiag and MSInfo here?If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

thank you for all the effort
/MFtG2ctE
/FEEyXVRp
those the pastebins i couldnt post links

Hello johannes,

And thanks a million for your data. It shows that all of your hardware drivers are outdated and should be updated first. Never use the Update tool from Windows because that might give you not the newest ones. A newer driver for your graphics card can be found here for example. Please do the same for all your other hardware. Please also check if your Windows is fully up-to-date.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

according to the intel tool u linked me tool my software is up to date?

Hello again,

For me it shows a driver from March of this year, while you have a driver from April last year installed. You might have to do a manual search for a driver for your Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 on the Intel pages.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

yeah sorry been up for over 24 hours busy doing the manual download right now dont have the fastest net should be doing in 15mins or so and ill test and come back to you again

Alright, take your time and let me know how you are getting on.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

ok downloaded the latest drivers for the 620 but when i try install Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Obtain the appropriate driver from the computer’s manufacturer. Setup will exit.

You might have to check first if your Windows is up-to-date. An outdated one might cause several issues. If the problem persists, you might have to check with Intel what the latest supported driver is.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

would unistalling my current driver and installing new one help plus windows is up to date

Hello again,

Yes, that would be something that could help, but like I said, if not, you would have to get in touch with Intel themselves in order to find out which driver is the latest supported for your card and system.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

im giving up on this for now going to do a full format and reinstall windows 10 pro in morning see if i can get proper drivers running but thank you for all the help

Kind regards

Good morning johannes,

Yes, it does sound like your best option. I have seen cases in the past where the Windows installation was damaged and drivers couldn’t be properly installed. Let me know how you are getting on.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?