Heroes of the storm patch schedule update for eu region

Hello,

Due to an unexpected issue found, we’re delaying the Heroes of the Storm live patch release in EU region to 2am CET, tomorrow, December 5.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding. We’ll get it ready as soon as we can!

2 Likes

sigh Well, at least a blue post finally arrived on the EU forum, even though it says nothing. Still no real explanation for why the US players can play it and we have to wait… If there’s an issue, why isn’t it affecting them?

7 Likes

Fair point you wanna fix things. But I agree with Lunaala. Why is it only affecting the EU? How about you also get off your high horses and provide the EU some compensation for this? A lootbox and some gems at least? You always patch EU with delay, always at an inconvenient time for EU players and now you would not even patch it sooner than 36 hours later than the expected date for US and Asia? C’mon guys… DO BETTER! We all love this game and want to support but not when you effectively screw us EU players like this.

Game is not dead but if you do not stop pulling stuff like this, including the login issues some days ago that only EU experienced, if you do not do better, it will die very soon. Killing hype for a region is a bad practice and you know it. Turn around and do something for EU players and compensate them in some way for always treating them like second class citizens.

14 Likes

honestly this is very disappointing delay on top of delay i really hope we are getting some compensation for this and seriously why are we only being told this on our eu forums now and not as soon as it was clear there was going to be a delay day of not the following day :frowning:

3 Likes

10h to just post a “sorry for the delay” without any explication and always some “issues” on the EU server.

Recently i can add all this:

-impossible to connect at least for 3 days if not more (at 2 differents occasion) in the past 2 weeks. So no play or play on the US/Asia server…
-No friend list for more than 3 days also.
-Connexion problems.
-This patch. And the delay of the announcement also.
-Voice in game (vocal) not working properly. At multiple occasion i had to use a third program to talk to my friends online. (seems to work fine now tho)

Can we have a compensation?

2 Likes

Thank you, devs. I know you’re working hard to get this all sorted and tackle any issues that may come up despite the community’s impatient attitudes and arrogance to the problems you might face.

Can you guys just stop acting so privileged ? They’re doing their best, they’ve apologised, and have given us a time when they’re going to release it. You’re not entitled to compensation for this, HotS is a free game and it’s not like you’re losing anything from this delay.

1 Like

We are not privileged for asking them to give us the notice at the same time as the US forum, instead of ignoring us for a day, and then asking Why it is that the patch suddenly have an issue when it is supposed to go on the EU server, yet nothing came on when the US servers got it. It is completely fair to ask for answers, instead of the tiny few paragraph we got, which basically says nothing.

The ones asking for compensation is another thing entirely. But we Do have a reasonable right in asking for some answers, as to why it is that we are made to wait even further than we are already forced to.

3 Likes

Stop ass licking Blizzard. We all defend and love this game but so much ass licking will get you nowhere in life. At the end of the day they had a clear issue with transparency, punctuality and fairness towards the EU community, both in delivering and informing about their product in due time.

And this game may be free, but we are all consumers and entitled to quality of service. Hence we can demand some form of minor compensation for also our troubles. Trust me, we all know and appreciate the devs are at it and hope they can get it done. But that does not mean we should also stand quiet when they treat the EU badly. If they were more explicit and direct to the EU forum and community instead of favouring US, then nobody would be this outraged.

Also “you have lost nothing” argument does not bode well here because DW is a very hype hero and hardcore players of this community may also be working adults. Those working adults may have been excited to play it on Wednesday like it should have been released and taken a day off… So for them it is a major loss.

1 Like

well sorry but when i cant play the game for more than a week in less than 15 days, yeah i want some compensation. Especially if i had a boost (that i couldnt used for ex)

It’s 2:12, still no sign of the update.

2 Likes

Since when was having respect for the developers who work on this game “ass licking” ? Have some decency and understand that they’re doing their job. They’re not delaying it out of malice because we’re EU, that’s just paranoia.
And we have lost nothing. Don’t be ridiculous, this is a game not some sort of pacemaker. You will not die if DW is released a day later than intended… and there are other games you can play too. I’m not being insensitive, but the number of people who took a day off just to play DW on HotS must be next to none.
I agree they should give us more information, but bashing them because of this is ridiculous and just rude to the people who are working all day to try and deliver .
It’s common knowledge they’re a smaller dev group now, so the community should have some empathy when things like this happen.

2 Likes

@Thyvene, sorry to bother you guys as I’m sure you do have more important things on your mind, but if there are any news when should the EU region expect the patch even if the news are not good and God forbid there is a reason for extending the release delay I’m sure everybody here would appreciate any update from a Blizzard official.

Thanks in advance!

Given that we’re now over an hour past the initial delay, I’d expect there to be a good reason.

Got anymore of them… Unexpected issues? or did someone forget to press the big red button?

Expect or want? :smiley:
Press the button ffs!

Please press the button, Blizz :smile:

4:01, still nothing.

4.02 AM CET, Servers are down for maintenance. Perhaps i should consider applying to blizzard for a job as the Time & Clock Executive.

1 Like

I’d love to join them as a Linux System Administrator :wink:

Okay so it’s updated, but it says error