HGC cancelled, team downsized. Beginning of the end? :(

It’s disapointing but sadly not surprising to hear this news. Lately blizzard seems to have lost basically all competence in their management/development (though my money is that it’s the management side causing problems). Hots is first because it’s likely to be blizzards worst profit earner, if it earned profits at all.

But unless blizzard starts to actually pull it’s thumb out and get back down to what made it great: Genuinely fun games this will be happening to other games as well. I think Diablo/starcraft are next on the chopping block, overwatch and WoW won’t be far after them.

1 Like

They were warned by the community.

They didn’t listen to the community.

The community then died; left or banned.

They had this coming.

5 Likes

they will launch heroes of the storm on mobile platform :smile:

Yes, HOTS imho the best MOBA is nearing its end, because once again money won the discussion. 200 people fired without any prior notice without anyone really raising eyebrows just before Christmas, that is something which should not be forgotten as it is true stain on what Blizzard used to be. I couldn’t care less about Diablo Immortal, the way they announced it was awkward at best and it was PR epic fail, but it was pretty harmless compared to what they did on December 13th to all the people who dedicated years of their lives to HOTS professional scene, shameless.

MVP’s don’t work at or for Blizzard.

I agree with your comment on WoW and Hots but have to disagree on SC2. It is far from dead. It may appear that way in Western countries but in the East it still draws an immense fanbase.

More whining. No one cares about events, conventions, t-shirts with murlocs. It is time Blizzard returned to the level when they cared about content and not miscellaneous features. I clearly remember the day I first got bored of WoW and then saw the 1st t-shirts and action figures and it made me sick. Time to remember their priorities. And e-sports were a flop to begin with. 95% of gamers are loners. This is why we play and indulge in fantasies of epic realities. Otherwise we’d be the next loser drinking and banging dumb chicks at some trashy local bar and being scammed out of his parent’s hard earned cash slowly drifting into the sewer of mediocre married life, mortgage and ungrateful, weak children. Blizzard will be reborn.

As for HOTS: the competition is trash. LoL with the vision, UI of a special needs nursery educational tool and DoTa with the 10 year old graphics and the race to deny creeps - repulsive.