Hots disconnecting while internet works perfectly

Ok so I have been reading similar issues around in the forum, some threads get closed and other appears… Some reports are being generated through WinMTR and absolutely nothing comes from them. Facts are, there seems to be an issue with heroes of the storm disconnecting, which is clearly not on the end of the vast number and variety of internet providers all over the world.

Luckily I am not playing storm league anymore, otherwise I would be SO PISSED AT YOU.
I am having random disconnection and lag spikes, more and more frequently lately, and this happens ONLY while playing Hots. I put the graphics at bare minimum to exclude the possibility that it could be hardware related - which is impossible as I play fluently warhammer vermintide 2 and other games which have way higher requirements than hots and much more elaborated graphics and complicated calculations on screen.

To give an example, I had a disconnection / reconnection episode yesterday when I promptly alt-tab-ed and run a few ping tests to discover that during this time my connection had a 30ms avarage latency with a peak of 32ms. I was literally talking to my friends without any lag or delay on the discord, while lagging dramatically on my hots game and at some point getting disconnected for almost 40 seconds.
These lag spikes are more frequent lately, but not constant. I can still have normal games at times, and I didn’t have any laggy game around a month ago when I updated and started to play the game again.
Look into this issue fellow technical support, a lot of players are experiencing such a bitter situation in their games, even players that would like to play competitive, and you are clearly not doing enough to solve it. Start looking at the issue from a different angle maybe, I don’t know what can be done but the bottom line is: you cannot just repeat the same things and take the same steps over and over again if it doesn’t solve anything, and you cannot leave your community experiencing such a disservice constantly.
With the best wishes for an improved and more stable 2022,
best regards

2 Likes