Hots disconnects my screens

For some reason hots disconnects my screens. Game sound continues but screens dont react to anything. Most of the time it happens after the loading screen when the match starts, but sometimes it happens in hero select or mid game. My main screen goes black and displays “no signal” after a while. My second screen turns blue, yellow white or black (and also displays no HDMI signal when it went black). I had this issue once per day but after I used the scan and repair option it happened 4 times in 2 games (2 in hero select, 1 at the start of game 1 and one mid game mid game 2).I tried to google this issue but found nothing similar.

Hi there Morloxx,

Sounds like it may be trying to run the game in a higher resolution than what’s supported by your hardware. A good first step might be to try and lower the resolution or give it a go in Windowed mode if you’re currently using Fullscreen.

You can also find more information about this and other steps you can try if you’re still having issues here: Black Screen in Heroes of the Storm.

Thanks for the reply. Both of my screens are 1920x1080 monitors and I play all my games on that resolution. I tried switching from full screen to windowed full screen and had no issues for 3 days but today it happened again in my first two games despite still using windowed full screen. I also tried normal windowed mode but this makes it unplayable since my mouse constantly goes to the second screen when trying to scroll left (instead of scrolling left ingame).