HoTS suddenly stopped working

Hello,

I’ve been playing HoTS since 2015 without any problems until November 2020. One day, my loading screens began to freeze and my game started to crash, and this happens every time I try to play, even on vs. AI matches. I never changed anything on my computer and I am pretty sure that the game didn’t make any significant changes that can explain my actual situation. One day I was playing normally, and the next day I was completely unable to do it. I have updated my drivers today, and always keep them updated. I know that my GPU is a bit lame, but it ran the game at the lowest graphic options for a long time without any problem.

According to “Can you run it?” Website, my laptop doesn’t meet the 256MB minimum requirement for Dedicated Video RAM, since It only has 128MB, but how was it possible before? Maybe the requirements were updated?

Here are some specifications:

Model: Dell Inspiron 5570
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 TB HDD

Graphics: Intel UHD 620
Display Memory: 128MB
Shared Memory: 6075MB

I don’t know a lot about computers, but I think I have done pretty much everything I found on the web. At this point, I just would like to know what you guys think about this, and what could be the exact problem. I think I just have to wait until I can get a new computer so I can play HoTS. I love this game and I miss it a lot :frowning:

Here are some DxDiag and MSinfo files:

MSinfo Pastebin
DxDiag during the freeze

Thanks Blizzard, for taking the time to read this. :grinning:

PepperMint

Hey PepperMint,

According to the minimum requirements and the supported video cards list, you shouldn’t have any issues playing.

I would suggest that you close any other apps that you have running, including any overlays, and also use the repair tool, if you have not done so yet.