How can one be abusive and still play this game?

I had an account recently banned. I can attest that not once (certainly since being unbanned) would I have uttered any curse words, nor called my allies anything that can be marginally considered grossly offensive (e.g. moron etc.) and yet my account was considered ‘abusive’.

Generally I would not care, if it were not for the fact that in my last game an ally decided to really let rip. Crude sexual remarks about my me, my family etc. Of course in order not to get banned, I simply reported the player and ignored him/her. In order to continue the game, I unblocked the player and no the abuse did not stop. Not once did I retaliate.

Why is it that Blizzard considers it abuse when you point out the rather obvious, e.g that an ally that blamed a loss on you and your apparent inability to play the game, was actually playing heroes league with a 32% win-rate with their chosen hero and thus most likely the reason for our defeat was down not to my own play, but much more likely the play of my ally?

How is it thus, Blizzard community, that someone can be banned for not actually saying anything offensive and yet other players are able to make grossly offensive statements and continue playing?

Cause abusive chat reports are automated… when you hit a certain mark you will be considered abusive.

If you said anything. They will ignore your pleas cause… Well…
Customer Service is flooded… understaffed… easily replacable… and treated poorly.
So would you think these people are going to give their 100%? Of course not.
You have to chern out responses as a machine… why bother with quality?

The only way to be “immune” to these bans is by having not spoke anything.
Though… it’s known that they use iinsults or what they think is toxic (Taken out of context mind you) to keep your punishment… even if it’s NEVER reported or is reported but has nothing to do with your current silence as it expired or was from a previous punishment. Again that’s the CS for you :confused:

And those grossly offensive players probaly had their main acounts banned and used a smurf wich they don’t care about.

Trust me when i say there is ENOUGH proof that Customer Service isn’t that good from the past and from information. And it’s not even the guy’s fault doing your ticket. :confused:

If anything they should simply remove the bans on silences… Put a silence limit for a week tops. And simply put other punishments on it as well as a grace period and maybe some sort of reward for doing nice things.

But right now… we are expected to be nice and even if we are… there is a chance someone will see it as toxic and report you and you get silenced… then a CS sees it as sarcasm or trolling and it sticks… and there you go. You are no longer nice since you learned it’s NOT rewarding. So you become anti-social in the game… by either:

• Being abusive yourself since why not?
  • Not talking at all to avoid silences.

Some people say remove the silence system completely but Ii disagree.
If anything we need the silence system to be TWEAKED DOWN.
And automate the AFK reports more. If someone has been warned for inactivity or during a match their exp / damage and such is 0 before the 1:30 mark.
That report sticks out.