How much more of Anub?

Can we have a big, fat nerf for Anub please?

The meta will change and it will pass. The hero hasn’t been changed that much over the years, but his high popularity is a rather recent trend. His strength is to set-up stuns for coordinated kills as well as his ability to isolate single heroes during team fights (his sieging is nice, but not the reason for his winrate). However, this is also his weakness as it usually requires him to use his escape for an engage.
So in the meantime, just pick Raynor or practise to dodge his abilities in order to kill him instead of his backline. As an Anub player myself i have often wondered why the enemies do not simply try to kill me (esp. without a second frontline). Instead they retreat or try to walk around me to get to my backline, ultimately having a high CC hero in their back that is also capable of removing one hero from the fight.

coz ppl still follow the rule "Focus the Healer NOT the Tank: :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t focus much when ur 4 and stunned.

I do not think that I have stunned more than 3 people that often – unless there was some displacement set-up for me before (VP can work as well of course). Grouping up is only good in one situation - a Tyrael Sanctification. By comparison with ETC’s mosh pit, Anub has no abilities to displace people and should not be able to stun 4 people at once.

Regardless, one has to think about Anub’s Backline when confronting him. Are they in reach for their abilities and are there CCs that can follow-up? If so, disengage, if not, kill Anub :slight_smile: AA poking him while he looks for a venue to engage is also a very good strategy. Keep his health and mana down and he is a lot lower threat.

Pls dont write here if u are Anub player. This trash hero is ridiculous, its really unstoppable. I personally don’t remember even losing while playing him and I am a really weak player. You should try playing against Anub to see how it feels. Mosh pit has 110 sec cd. while anub stunlocks the whole team every 10 sec.

Just checked, have 58% winrate with him and I havent played him for 6 months.

Well here’s an idea:

If you win every single game with him

Keep picking him in every single ranked game all the way until you hit Grand Master#1 in Storm League

I play against him regularily, because ban priorities differ and he still comes through a lot. As it happens, i just lost a ranked game against a very weak anub player a few days ago.
He kept using his borrow on ToS to get quicker to lanes and to harass people. I blocked and isolated him almost every single time, but my assassins kept ignoring him until he had his CDs back. My own anub game was a loss too, as nobody thought it to be a good idea to follow-up on my “10 second stunlock” (its more like 2,5 seconds, maybe 4 with 20 talents but okay).

So again:

• You do not want anub to have a second solid frontline
  • You want to keep his health down with AA damage
  • You want to punish him every time he misses a borrow (I heard dodging is something some heroes are able to do, but what the hell do I know)
  • And you certainly do not want him to be paired with a Tyrande or Ana

Otherwise keep banning him in the first rotation. I am happy to see Anub bans in the first round instead of Kealthas (?), Varian (??) or even Azmodan (???).

I dont play for that and I get bored playing 1 hero for long. Thats why I have 84 of them. You guys seem to place great value in this Grand Master title and perhaps rightfully so, but some people are not interested in it since there is no real reward for the amount of effort it requires. Anub i one of the boring heroes to play I hate to admit.

So you think Anub is perfectly balaced?

If it’s possible to lose games with him instead of auto win every single time as you say then yeah

I am certainly not grand master :slight_smile: , but I do play regularily in a coordinated team.
Anub is one of the strongest heroes at the moment, but he is not op. There are 2 talents that might be considered for nerfs:

• Epicenter on 16 as it increases the radius of his borrow stun (the talent has been there for ages though)
  • Rewind on 20 as it caters towards the stun chain you mentioned, esp. if there is sufficient follow-up (a “old” talent as well).

The rest is fine i think. Increasing the range of burrow for example (Underking, 4) is an exchange for either additional slow (bed of barbs, the go to talent for a long time) or surviveability (shed exoskeleton for W build). And taking Underking also means that you distance yourself from your team even more, while also being easier to dodge at full range.

What you are annoyed by is maybe just the fact that Anub is a rather low-skill-cap hero. While a Garrosh player for example needs to sync his abilities against the enemy team (esp. the self-cleanse), Anub can just borrow in if he sees a “cheap” opportunity (e.g. a punisher stun on infernal shrines). As i mentioned, this changes if the enemies realizes how easy it is to punish him for it (Muradin is quite the opposite there and thus will be played more after his buffs i assume).