How to report for real life threat?

Like if someone writes kill your self? that should be an automatic perma ban and not go thru abusive chat and not comparable to “u suck”

2 Likes

“kill yourself” is on the same level as “u suck” at this point. It falls under the category toxic behavior and should just be muted/blocked.

Blizzard has proven too many times they dont care, so why bother

1 Like

Such words are harsh but they DO FIT in the category of Abusive Chat

Because it is an Abuse of the Chat system put in place to help improve the game experience

If you have reported for Abusive Chat then you have done your part

1 Like

Stop whining and grow a pair.

1 Like

Depending on the country of residence, encouraging another person to commit suicide, may constitute a crime. In the UK for instance

A person commits an offence if that person does an act capable of encouraging or assisting the suicide or attempted suicide of another person.

The poster is correct. Blizzard should insta-ban another player for such actions.

2 Likes

I am not saying otherwise

But what I am saying is that Abusive Chat is the category that this offense fits into the most when it comes to filing a report from inside the game

1 Like

I agree it is the closest approximation of the correct category, but it isn’t necessarily the best course of action.

If a person is potentially committing a crime , let’s say a terrorist threat or encouraging another person to commit a crime, e.g. murder another gamer in real life, then the person should be able to open up a ticket and receive a response from Blizzard that supersedes a non-responsive abuse report. The person may for example wish to lay a criminal complaint.

1 Like

Funny… playing a game where goal is to kill enemy team, you feel offended when somebody tells you that?

If Blizzard insists on banning players for telling other players they ‘suck’ or should uninstall the game (i.e. ‘abusive language’), then one would certainly expect them to take comments seriously that are actually considered criminal or could potentially trigger someone to take their own lives.

If Blizzard panders to the snowflake generation as far as their player base is concerned, then one would certainly expect them to take harsher action when a legitimate case of abuse takes place.

The thing was he didnt use it as an insult. It looked to me like he really believed he wanted to see me dead.

It was a party of 3 I played with and it happened in draft. I said “ban the black girl” and for some reason they got redicolously offended by that and started to insult me calling me a Nazi and what not. I first thought they were trolling and made a heart smiley but then they went on with sth that was clearly not trolling.
“Please please please just kill yourself. You are a danger for society. Nazi pig. Scum like you shouldnt walk the earth. Do the world a favor and please kill yourself”
This extremely emotional hate for such a harmless comment of mine which I dont even consider racist. Like PewDiePie said more “racist” things. Well that clearly gave me a cold shiver. The game was played with all muted and after game I got 3 friend requests from them even, which I obviously declined. Probably to flame me even more.

The funny thing is they actually banned Qhira. Well wont forget this.

3 Likes

Yep, sounds like SJW snowflakes for sure. Granted probably better ways to refer to Qhira, but you can expect this reaction from the left :slight_smile:

IRONIC … he could save others from death but not himself.

Words cannot deal direct physical harm to you

This video game company can only do so much for their players

It is not their fault that so many people have bad manners and lack of sympathy for other human beings

Death threats and murder investigations should be handled by law enforcement officials

Yes, I agree I am not asking blizzard to send me a boddyguard. But I think “KYS” is not the same as abusive chat like “feed less pls” “good play noob” etc.-

there is a difference between “killing” someone in a game and actually killing someone in real life. One would hope that you would actually be able to tell the difference. Otherwise you need to work on something.

3 Likes

Well I would argue that “feed less pls” doesn’t even qualify as abusive chat and it would be ridiculous to punish someone over just that

Of course there are varying degrees of Abusive Chat and you are punished accordingly depending on how severe your bad behavior was

Go Kill Yourself ,

I think tht fits for abusive chat, and not a threat

I will killl you!!

Now thts a real life threat (even though not real-life, unless he can find u in real life :stuck_out_tongue:)

But ofcourse, English is not my first language, and im in Asia :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

if you feel like reporting people for trash talk in a video game just stop playing PVP
the game is ruined by the number of snowflakes in its community
even saw people complaining that report for abusive chat has no effect if the player didnt say anything