Is Blizz trolling?

How do I manage to be matched up in a game with the following trolls with winrates in SL of I KID YOU NOT

Zeratul: 27.3%
Guldan: 46.2%
Garosh: 45.8%
Malfurion: 40%
(My winrate): 51.3%

VS…

Nazeebo: 53.9%
DVA: 58%
Johanna: 51.2%
Jaina 54.1%
Lili 61.5%

Is Blizz testing me? Not ONE of my allies had won a match in eight games!!! Am I expected to win this match with allies who do not say a single word during the match and proceed to die one after another?

No 1/2 normal programmer could possibly come up with this matchmaking … for real?

1 Like

Blizz wanted to fix your winrate to 50% :smiley:

dont worry, im sure blizz targetted your frends winrate later on,

Also, it may b possible tht ur enemy was a 5party team

1 Like

If that holds true, then Blizz also wants to fix my allies win-rates to 50%. Placing on person with a 52% winrate with four players with such bad win-rates will further lower the winrate of 4 players who already have bad winrates. It doesn’t achieve an overall goal of moving 5 players to 50% median by only moving one player in that direction and 4 in the other direction.

And no, the other team was not a 5 player team, but even if they were on a team, surely it makes no sense to place 5 players with such high win-rates against 4 players with really low win-rates (and one guy with a higher win rate)?

And btw, this wasnt during a low player period, this was peak time.

hmm, well,
no one knows how bliz rolls,
its a mystery in itself,

i just lost the motivation to hold up my rank,
im just practising more new heroes and finding frends, n preparing myself for next season, which i believe will b more balanced bcoz of the new rules n updates

Yep, I think this is the way to go. While I like the combination of teams and individuals, I think it badly impacts individual players. If I could find 4 silver level on teamspeak, I’m fairly confident I can take them to Plat. Gl for next season :slight_smile:

well, im stuck in bronze, i climbed till bronze2 , but then, :stuck_out_tongue:
N i play Li Ming, just tht i dnt play it like others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgZVcEiTtvI

So, -13,62% average between teams? That’s common.
In my last 100 matches, I had such odds or higher 53 times.
This means that about half the times, the matchmaker predetermines who wins before the game even started, simply by creating a team that’s guaranteed to lose, vs a team that’s guaranteed to win.
Statistically you would appear on both winning and losing teams equal number of times, and so people are fine with not being able to significantly alter the outcome… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have to disagree. I can’t imagine this is common as a total win rate. Individual player hero win rates might vary, but this was a total player win rate.

I assume you’re being sarcastic :slight_smile: There is nothing less enjoyable than having a predetermined outcome, in any sport. In fact one of the reasons for the popularity of football/soccer is precisely the fact that the match is often fairly evenly contested.

I only count hero winrates in QM (where it should be up to the matchmaker to put it together right, instead of all eggs in 1 basket). For Ranked and Unranked it’s total map winrates.
I tried to point out multiple times how the games are predetermined, but most people just don’t understand.
They think it’s just “blaming something for losses instead of accepting them”, and brush it off with “statistically…”
Just now I had a (ranked) match where the difference between teams was 44,4%, one team having 32,66% winrate on average, the other one 77,06%. Now that’s something I’d call Blizz trolling.

Have noticed the same. Why Blizz not just split bads and goods evenly and thats it? Why one team gas good wr guys and other very bad… What is thelogic behind this?

2 Likes

What has the winning rate to do with anything.
Would you want to be matched with 4 team mates having 100% win rate but having played 2 games total? How is winning rate telling you how good of a player is since the winning rate depends on being matched with others that might or might now play decent?

For example, now all the kids have summer vacation. The winning rate drops for me since I play all day long. Playing in weekends, winning rate drops. The only decent games I am having are during week days after 10pm.

The game matches you against better players with worse players than you if youre generally winning more.
That way worse players might get carried by you, but honestly all it does is give the good player losses he does not deserve just so these bad players get a few wins here and there.
If it was proper, youd match against better players WITH better players whenever you play well and win more. Bad players would bad against bad more often and that would indeed be unfortunate but atleast its fair.

I started playing a single character in qm consistenly and i was peaking 74% winrate and it stuck to around 66-68% after a bit under 100 games. Now the thing is i keep an eye on peoples winrates after matches and the i only get matched with people that have much less winrate every single game.
The average has been 41-47% winrate, qm/rank/unrank and i match against people with about 52-55% winrate average.
Its not just my winrate its clearly also individual character winrate since its high i match with lower winrate people.

It aims to reflect a player’s relative ability to play the game.

No, that would not be a statistically significant set of data.

Except what applies to you, applies to the other team too. The other team will also have the same number of kids etc.

1 Like

Today ive consistently matched against people who are substantially better than anyone on my team, me included. Average winrates in qm,unrank and rank have been 62-72% for almost every single player in every single match while my side has 48-51% winrates.
This is just hugely unfair seeing as the majority of people on my side also play at gold,plat leagues and enemy team, having done placements were in masters.
Why are they not distributed evenly? One team is all highs the other is all lows.

Hots is literally THE only game where ive seen matchmaking like this where you force a full group of randoms of lower skill to fight a full group of higher skill over and over despite the lower team loosing majority of their games.
How about you make matches easier since one side is loosing all the time? No, not here youre more likely to actually match with even lower winrate people.

Why do i match against these guys my winrate is goddamn 52% thats barely average. Just a constant flow of master and high winrate people against me while im matching with people who are also average at best. The matches are reta.rdedly one sided.

2 Likes

What I find interesting is that players can have bad winrates. Blizzard aims to get everyone to 50% winrate, thus a player with a 45% winrate should be matched in a stronger team in order for that team to get back to 50%. And this trend should continue until that player reaches say 49%. The same team cannot however continue as the player with 55% winrate will need to be rotated as winning would also increase his winrate.

There is definitely a lot going on behind the scenes when it comes to matchmaking and it is frustrating to say the least. If you have a <45% winrate over 100 games played in a season, you fall statistically into 1st standard deviation, i.e. you are actually bad and not just randomly unlucky. Considering the system is constantly adjusting you based on your win’s, it really should even out quickly.

I don’t understand why there are thus players with really bad win-rates out there, other than tilting continuously or tanking.

Sadly indeed with this method work this half good win rare , MMR system…:frowning:
I either not want be matched with such bad win rate, MMR system.
WE CANT CARRY THESE LOW SKILLED,NOT WELL LEARNED young peoples.
Look so im like trainer of bunch clown idiots… NO , I PASS…HoTS team devs…
Why you want( or force me) we teaching these players?!
I did do that over 2000 times ( in my 2000 played games,otherwise mine ranked are over 2800 games!)…