Is normal conversation considered abusive?

I was silenced and i didnt know what for, so i appeal and a gamemaster told me why:
“wake up” - i told a guy who was afk.
" do your job" - healer wasnt healing instead was doing mercs
“this team is a waste of time” - I told the only single non afk player in the team, 3 other team-mates left and were replaced by bots.
I am amazed by this, I think this is normal conversation, who can think this is abusive?

I was silenced and i didnt know what for, so i appeal and a gamemaster told me why:
wake up
do your job
this team is a waste of time

I am amazed by this, I think this is normal conversation.

You’ve pretty much answered your own thread.

1 Like

Ah this was not a normal conversation you were passive aggressive towards your team you got to realize not everyone is at your skill level you got to help people to learn in order for them to help you in the future.Kind of like you scratch my back I will scratch yours.

Problem most of the times with this game is players ego and huge expectations not everyone is the same and some need help when people realize this games will be much sweeter.

really,
so the reason i am playing the game is to teach others?
and playing in storm league, all in the same league as me, how crazy of me is to not expect them to be at the same level?
passive aggressive? what that even mean?
help me in the future? how often u get to play same guy in a month time?

Hey everyone.

While we can not comment on the specifics of the actions taken on your account Doze. We can hopefully shed some light on the overall situation.

It’s important to remember that you can provide constructive criticism without resorting to insults.
Do your job” as you mentioned in your example. That maybe doesn’t sound passive aggressive to you, but even then it doesn’t really help that healer accomplish what you are expecting from them.

You could try to instead explain to the player that in their role, they can be effective in helping accomplish the teams goal by positioning or looking for a specific set-up or scenario that you are trying to create.

This team is a waste of time”. Again, you might not look at this as toxic or abusive. But think about what you mentioned happened here. A single player was AFK, the 3 other team members left. It’s certainly possible that the negative conversation that proceeded this played a part in their decision to leave. Perhaps trying to be positive and working with your team to find a way to play at your best would have overall made for a more fun experience for everyone involved. And you can always report players that do not adhere to the rules.

You are not obligated to help anyone learn the game, we just want you to have fun. But as Halicos also mentioned, helping another player improve will likely help yourself through better result and hopefully more enjoyable games.
Regardless we do ask that while you play to adhere to the rules.

We do appreciate that you took the time to make the post however as I think this is a topic we could all discuss in a civil way of how we can all do better.

2 Likes

please tell me what should i do in that situation. do your job is hurtful it seems. maybe i should make a plea, i need to beg, i need to sing praises to him?

i surely got time to do that, trying to explain that, i will be AFK before i end that. also, can u try communicate with some players that will reply with swear words in their native language? please try achive that first.

thats exactly what your gamemaster colleague wrote to me, replying what was abusive in my chat.

I am sure that this answer is not civil, as everything snowflakes dont like, is abusive, hurtful and NOT CIVIL.
I realized that the system is automated and you dont check anyting, and when you got an appeal you just copy and paste some chat silenced players had.
You probably want people to shut up, don’t say anything and play the game, so you and your colleagues got no work. salaries still payed i bet.

1 Like

Civility is such an easy thing. Just a shame that it’s a lost art in this day and age. This old quote sums it up - “If you’ve nothing good to say, best to say nothing at all”.

The responses and attitudes here speak for themselves, such as above poster taking the time to justify their own ban with such an obnoxious post, or others trying to defend the negative stance by acting like ‘victims of snowflakes’.

Sorry, folks, but action being taken against rude / toxic / unpleasant people doth not equal the reporters being hurt or offended so easily, and trying to attribute ‘wake up’ and ‘do your job’ as ‘criticism’ is cringe-worthy at best.

Speaking for myself (and I know there are many who are similar) > I would roll my eyes at the pettiness, mute the player(s) responsible, and carry on trying to play the game, reporting at the end of the match in extreme cases. I’m not going to be ‘hurt’ by such comments - they’ll just make me wonder why I’d want someone resorting to such pettiness on my team.

Either way, the thread speaks for itself and clearly won’t achieve anything.

1 Like