It is not possible to win in this game in a casual gamemode?

I am new, started playing like several days ago.

And what I see is always afk players in my team. One failed teamfight and someone goes afk and then ignores to help their team, when they are 500 and above levels. Meanwhile I am trying my best at winning and helping my team.

And it’s not like only once, I’ve met the exactly same attitude with different random players 6-7 matches in a row and there is nothing you can do but wasting your time into a loss because someone went afk on purpose.

Is the report system effective like do they get their accounts banned for afking? Because in games like LoL and Smite you can get permanently banned for behaving not in a good way even if you are playing casual matches.

2 Likes

You can ask the same question in different perspective. Why are you, probably level 10 account paired with lvl 500 account? How does that person feel in that situation.

What option does he have to report anybody? Report the matchmaking system?

So it is somewhat understandable somebody gets frustrated and just gives up.

Blizzard tries to balance this by putting another sub 100 level on enemy team, but that could be a smurf. So its systems fault, not that persons or yours for that matter.

Ofc, you will get upset that somebody has no understanding for your situation, but than again won’t even blink about his situation.

And let me tell you, if you think them getting banned will somehow resolve this problem, you are mistaken.

1 Like

Good to see more poeple join HOTS :smiley:

If ur new, ur first few games willl b the worst ones.

But as you play more and more, Add people to be your frend.

You can do that when the game ends, you select STATS from top left, and whoever player was good u can click the GEAR icon on right and send him request.

with passage of time, you will have more frends to play with instead of solo q,

tht will solve much of the issues

1 Like

Try to ping the bots and make them follow you. Also remember your team to do the same.

my first games shouldn’t be perfect but shouldn’t be this bad with all afk players and leavers. What does it show? That the gaming community simply doesn’t care about winning be it casual or any other PvP gamemode? Because, from what I see, that’s the case. And such matches just show how this community is terrible overall (not all but a huge percentage of it) up to the point of regretting wasting my personal time into this game trying to get into it.

Add people to be friends? The thing is that noone wants to be a friend with a new player, I’ve seen it already. They start screaming at me with words like “omg, go vs bots, uninstall” when vs AI is simply boring. Even if I do good and someone does good too, I add them, they reply back with “uhm, you are 20 lvl, sorry, you are a noob”. Yeah, I’ve had that already 3 times.

1 Like

lol,

Clipper#21680

Here, I obviously will not take u to ranks with me,

but QMs , you can make me lose as many as u want, i wont say a word even, not ONE WORD, but , BUT , provided tht i see u learning n improving :slight_smile:

what heroes have u played so far

and which hero u most confident with?

1 Like

@Raptorityx… you are overthinking it, just play the game, learn from each match… good games will come, bad games will come… we are all in the same boat.

In no time you will see somebody who is in your position now, and also think “this guy is a noob, why I had to be in a match with him”. Its cycle of MOBA’s :wink:

1 Like

Hey I hope you don’t mind I would like to add you aswel :+1: I need a friend in hots I most of the time play Quick play and vs bots.Its lonely in hots because nobody wants to be social or play with one another unless you carry them and they only use you.So I would like a friend in there for some casual play and we casual players are looked down upon.

If you’re new, then QM puts you in beginner queue, where you get matched preferrably with other new players only (which, these days, are probably mostly smurfs; so you’re really not getting an easier experience from that). I guess some of the new players are really not invested in the game yet and are more prone to give up (especially when they don’t know what to do).
Afaik beginner queue lasts for ~500 QM games (you can also avoid it by partying up with some1 who is not in it).
I suggest you try unranked draft (there is no beginner queue for that mode) if you want to play games without the beginners (but be prepared for all the flaming coming your way for being low level beginner).

Or just hop straight into ranked - ppl actually try to win there all the time :wink: But with the heavy desire to win and rank points on the line, comes the much heavier saltiness when things don’t go as planned - just part of the competitive fun though :).
I myself jumped straight into ranked as soon as I met the requirement for it (was account lvl30 back then) and never looked back (out of my 10k+ games played, over 80% are in ranked modes). It’s even easier now - all you need to do is buy 6 cheapest heroes and you’re set to go (as long as free rotation heroes don’t overlap with your 6). Try to not play lvl1 heroes in ranked though.
I think you’ll find even bronze level ranked (probably where you will end up if you start ranked early - starting at the bottom is best anyway) more fun than QM/unranked (seems like you’re looking for that desire to win, not the laid back no-care playstyle of QM).

Not true from my experience, this “expanding quick match search” just puts a match together, asap… only parameter seems to be both teams have to have same roles… so if one has support another does as well… also roughly combined account level is taken into consideration.

How many games I’ve played with account lvl 1.5k in same team as lvl 50 account… range is all over the place.

Nobody can tell me that lvl 2k has same mmr as lvl 10, if that is the case, then the system is fundamentally broken.

If THAT’S the case, then why all my opponents and allies are 400-500, sometimes even 1000+ account levels???

Either there are not enough beginner players to form even 1 game (<10) when you queue up or you are in a party with some1 who is not in beginner queue.
Anyway, you should be glad it happens - beginner queue is beyond terrible.
I haven’t tried any QM on my smurfs lately, but last time I did they were still very consistently being put in beginner games.

Well my account is lvl 720ish, and range of QM is anywhere from lvl 2 to lvl 2k :smiley:

Let me also add, sometimes I see people with account above 1.5k that play like they are lvl 1… dunno what to make of that, little cousin using somebodys account… sold account… dunno.

1 Like

Yeah…right about MM,players are not so well sort of!. Pulus that if we add this trash player base!

THAT WHY I STOPED PLAY!!
If like be machohists,then continue play!
Smart and rational peoples QUIT the game!
Better come or install BEST MMO " RIFT"!

Played it, been in best guild in the world Apotheosys, conquered all content. You can even see my character in a lot of world 1st’s :wink:

Left after 3 years of playing.

Its good, but far from best in the world.

1 Like

Is better than these trashes game WoW and HoTS!
But you continue play HoTS…and when you dmg your nervers…and start think…" HoTS storm is most trash player base"…then “different song you would sing”…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey I am looking for someone to play Versus AI with as well

Please add me

Xylord#2300 in the Europe Region

This game doesn’t even have some hero balancing involved into it?

Like why does my team has a healer, 3 tanks and melee assassin and enemy team has 1 melee, 2 ranged mages, a tank and a healer so they can contest objects much better and do AoE damage while my team can’t because of the heroes we got and vice versa?

Why do certain TANKS outdamage mages. I mean, Imperius. I’ve seen that hero in 4 matches already and I want to ultimately uninstall the game because that damage is idiotic.

EDIT: well, doesn’t matter. Uninstalled the game because 4 last matches in a row all had an afk player who refused to help his team and they were standing at base. I have never seen THIS amount of afk players even in Dota 2 when I was first time playing that game for a week, and here it seems like a natural thing to go afk on purpose.

Will consider coming back when these developers decide to ban accounts for going afk in matches, including permanent account bans.

Your just being unlucky I guess
I hav played several games, nevre came across an AFK.
Yes, some idiots who do not listen n do not com to obj at times, yes
but ppl standing in the hearthstone or intentional dying, not yet.

n wht league r u in? silver? gold? bronze? which one?
The game is ok, just tht there r some blind deaf mindless idiots in the world, n some of them happen to play this game too.

But u can make frends n party up n have intense fun , thts wht im experiencing :slight_smile:

20 account level? And I am not gonna play hero league. It’s same clown fiesta from what I’ve managed to see while using google search.