Leaver punishment

Heroes of the storm

So! This is my first feedback for the game in over 5 years of playing. This is probably just going to be read by a bot and discarded - but anyway here it goes.

Yesterday i quit a draft/rankes (in draft). Long story short. Kid woke up. You dont quit drafts. But i did. Half-assing with a crying kid is no good.

Today came the punishment. And WHAT a punishment.

If the state of this game is deteriorating… The leaver section in this game really want to make me quit all together…

game 1. Leaver who quit midgame after she got killed. Finished with “bg, enjoy the loss”. Game lost at 20-20 even forts until last seconds. Mvp. Easy win without The incredibly ‘talented’ AI.
Game 2. Steamrolled against.
Game 3. Steamrolled against by a premade team with smurfs.

Game 4… is coming up. After 5 years of more or less playing this game i really feel like this warrant a break.

Playing qm for prac, training etc is all fun. But today i felt like doing a Ranked match.

After 3 consecutive games with no DC, no funny stuff - I still get placed in the same que with the same misfist. This is after one in draft dc - which to be honest is a lot better then leaving midgame and waiting 20+ minutes.

CHANGE THIS BACK TO PUNISH/PLACE PEOPLE WHO CONSISTANTLY DISCONNECT, not players with one leave. And please - make it so that you dont have to win The matches. Solo quing equals a 25% wr at best in this environment.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Cant you do it in ARAM now a days?

Will look Into that. My point is that The punishment should match The crime. I pooint out, The game was left in The picking phase, not The gaming itself

Leaver punished should be added with 75% exp cut.

They should get negative XP. My last three QM games I played was 4vs5 from the start. It’s a complete waste of time for 9 people, but the 1 person not showing up still gets XP and mission credits and coins? Take them stuff away, then they only go afk when it’s really important.

Here is my experience on the leaver penalty.

My ISP isn’t the most reliable (to put it mildly), and as of late 1-5 second LAG spikes are expected every 1-2 minutes. Problem is that if I get that during gameplay, the client reconnects and all is “fine”. (I usually die, but that’s expected.) If it happens in roster, I almost always get thrown out and get leaver penalty. It’s hard to make it through roster without getting a penalty, because a LAG spike comes fairly often.

I spent 2-3 months in Silver 2, roughly that’s my skill level. In a series of bad luck + 2-3 leaver penalties I went down to Silver 5 where games are significantly more annoying with unorthodox disfunctional compos. It took me an entire season to fight my way back to Silver 2. Now, in one afternoon and 3 spikes in roster I’m back to Silver 5.

I think I’m done playing HOTS, this is nonsense. Undo months of strife back to reasonable gameplay in a matter of an hour.

I don’t disconnect on purpose and I didn’t ruin anyone’s game. I live in a damned capital city (Budapest) and that’s the best the only ISP can do in my district. If the game can properly reconnect during a game, it should do the same in roster. It only does it 10% of the times. (The UI is utterly broken when reconnecting during roster, but it’s decipherable.)