Li Ming Quick Cast Bug

Hi,

If you have teleport on Li Ming set to “on” in quick cast settings, then if you get a kill with teleport, it will immediately recast it again, wasting it and putting it onto cooldown.

I believe this used to also happen with Disintegrate but was patched late last year, so the technical fix should be the same as that?

Many thanks

You’re too slow to remove your finger from the button.

it shouldn’t recast if I’m holding it anyway (which isn’t the problem). The only move (as far as I’m aware) which does this is Li Li’s ‘Q’. I am still seeing this happen daily, even in Storm league games when other people are playing Li Ming

@Moam In the hotkeys menu, in the advanced menu, you can change when does the quick cast happen, after button release or on button click, if you make it on button release, then the ability won’t cast until you release the key, and it will cast again only if you press it again, this way you won’t waste it after a kill.

yes but i want it to be “on” and not cast 2x in a row immediately.

You basicly want a time delay when the refresh happens, but that will kill the trait of the hero, practice a bit to click it only once, without holding the button down, when you are near a kill. I’ve trained it and it works, although in a heated battle sometimes I lose it and press the button longer and waste my second charge of blink.

no i want the game to not recast my ability again for me, when I am not telling it to! There is no time delay needed. Your reply in summary is:

“yes I experience the same bug but I’ve learned to play around it” I also play around the bug, and It’s not a big problem, but it is still there

this is the same bug as Disintegrate few months ago. When you get a kill it would recast automatically sometimes, but they patched it because it was more important - as Li Ming needs to be stood still to use that ability and it would get her killed.

I don’t understand why more Li Ming players don’t complain about this? I don’t play her that much

I gave you a solution, I know its not perfect but that’s all I have as an answer, sorry.

thanks for trying but you didn’t give me a solution. You explained what the problem is again.

The solution is in the first comment that I made, when you make the quick cast on “button realease” instead of on “button press” the blink won’t cast again when until u press the button again. It doesn’t require a mouse click. But nevermind that, there is one more thing that you can try. If you keyboard supports full map reconfiguration due to a softwear (in my case I’m using Bloody B820R) where you can make your bind key that you are using for the teleport (in my case “E”) to do only a single click. What I mean is that when you hold the button it won’t do this “eee” but it will do only one “e”, this way for sure it won’t cast it again.

that’s interesting, but again - your solution suggests that the problem is caused by me holding the ‘E’ key. if I hold the E key down, it wont recast again, so makes it clear and rules out that is not what is causing it. the problem is caused by a bug on reset causing it to cast again.

If i hold down Q and get a kill, it will not automatically cast Q again, understand?

Then probably you are clicking the button twice and when you get the kill from the first blink, the second becomes instant and seems like a bug? Isn’t that a possibility? Just asking.

yes its possible, but its more likely that its a bug, as i doesn’t happen with any other skill, and it used to be a bug on disintegrate