[MAC] HotS keeps quitting unexpectedly at start!

Good morning Voynich,

Of course I will let you know as soon as I have a relevant update for you.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

We are allowed to go home once in a while, you know?

And like I said to Voynich already, as soon as I have an update on this, I will share it here.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

This is a MAJOR crisis affecting ALL Mac users. Sure you can go home, anytime if you like, but meanwhile your users who generate money for you and your colleagues (and have done so for years) are out in the cold.

And I am sorry if my reactions hurt your feelings. Blizzard has hurt our feelings a lot more over the last months by leaving us in the cold and putting HotS on hold. And et’s not talk about all the disgraceful things that have happened on HQ level; Immortal; mass layoffs.

Not saying that is your fault in any way, but it is only normal that people feel VERY VERY frustrated that a bug like this cannot be solved in 3 DAYS. Come on! Seriously.

I absolutely feel and understand your frustration and we here in Support do our utmost possible to support you but we are not involved in bug fixing or the development of the game. The Team is already working on it, but as far as I can see, it doesn’t affect every Macuser. Some are able to launch the game, some aren’t, both being on the same OS Version, just as an example. They are working on it, but it seems a bit more complicated then “It doesn’t work for anybody”.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to us - i will wait patiently. <3

I too am having this problem. Thank you for escalating this. I look forward to it being resolved. I know how complicated things like this can be to fix. But the Mac using heroes players will thank you

1 Like

Thank you for escalating this. I am having the same problem on my iMac.

1 Like

If this was a PC problem and people couldn’t start the game up - they would have fixed it by now!! We are all now pushing 3/4 days with zero answers to this problem or work around?

Ive just downloaded League of Legends as this place has become a joke. Its actually pretty good, almost exactly like HOTS. xD

^^/ peace. x

I can’t start HotS since windows update and no answer, no fix, no nothing.
Also Dota is better :wink:

Do you think that DotA is better than LoL? WhIcy one is closer to hots in experience do you think?

HotS is just a different game in my opinion, the talent system, the experience system, the mercs, the map objectives, it’s a completely different thing.
DotA is just the evolution of WarCraft 3 and I remember playing Defence of the Ancients, so it’s also nostalgia factor for me.
But I seriously believe that here is no game like HotS and I’m so sad that development support has been lowered cause corporate actiblizz wants more money from mobile games after raising me since my childhood.

3 Likes

Just to add more info: It does not launch in a Macbook pro 2014 or in a new one. Neither Sierra, nor high sierra or Mojave. with full updates. Full deinstallation does not help.

I might state the obvious, but why is it not possible to revert those new features for Mac compatibility which were included in this version? No compatibility problem from before -if any- comes close to this issue

1 Like

Yeah… I agree… Please revert back the MAC settings how they were before so that we can play please :slight_smile:

What i dont understand is, my brother has the exact same iMac as i do yeah… same everythign specs - the lot! Yet his HOTS game works and mine doesnt?

So what is that all about? How does this make sense in reality? Its really sending me loopy… as i cant figure it out.

Hope they find a fix soon! :slight_smile:

Been playing LOL - and its quite good - but only one 5v5 map? wtf is that all about? xD

First report of this crash reached this site 3 (!) days ago…no progress…at all. I guess they all went home…I mean…come on. How can this be a priority at all?

1 Like

Kiemmaki, it is interesting that it works on some mac computers. I don’t know if this will help you but you might relay that just before the new update to HotS that we have all been complaining about, there was an update to MacOS Mojave to 10.14.3.

In my case, I had played HotS, then update the OS, then updated HotS. Seems like it wouldn’t matter as I have tried reinstalling, HotS, but anyways I thought I would pass that along.

1 Like

Anyone else get excited thinking the new patch would fix it? Did absolutely nothing for me… anyone else get lucky? :frowning:

Nothing changed for me either

1 Like

No change on my end either…

Mojave 10.14.3
iMac, Late 2012
3.4 Ghz Core i7

1 Like

Yeah thought they had fixed it. Downloaded the patch but no joy :rage:

1 Like

Day 4…no results from support. Wow…

1 Like