Mid-Game performance drop/lag spike

The problem starts at or around level 10, usually involving sounds falling behind the image by a few miliseconds or even 2 seconds, then the lag starts. Only happens on windows 10, when this first appeared and i switched to 7 the problem was gone, now im back to 10 and i have it again. I noticed in task manager that the game starts using my disk up to 100% which it never did while i monitored it before reaching level 10. It’s not a hardware issue (obvious because i could play the game with zero issues on windows 7) and i do have the creators update, i did disable the game DVR too.

Please offer some serious help, i cant test this without getting leaver’s queue games stacking up because when this happens i either have to kill the game from task manager or restart my pc because it eventually freezes.

32 bit client worked, as i read on reddit but latest update removed it (i got to play for about 2 hours… lol)

Hello Cappa,

Please try these steps here as a first help.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

I already went through those steps, they are the most basic troubleshooting steps, i always check drivers and so on first. The problem isnt there.

Hello again Cappa,

Could you please post a DXDiag and MSInfo here? If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Sure, here is the DxDiag: pastebin. com/H3wKz7vm and here is the MSInfo: pastebin. com/tpeeTCFA (i got an error saying i cant include links in my post so i got crafty.

They are quite long so i think this might take a while, i cant play until this is fixed though. Thanks.

Hello Cappa,

Your MSInfo shows that your drivers are not so up to date. Your graphics card driver for example is shown as being from 2017. Please try and have a look at the various manufacturers pages of your hardware to find the latest drivers. Using the built in Windows check for updates does not work in this case.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Thanks for the reply. You were right, i did have a few missing drivers and some out of date ones, which is odd because i remember having the video driver installed for example, and now it wasnt when i checked. I installed all missing drivers and everything is up to date, tried a quick match and the problem persists. Hots starts using the disk heavily, around 100mb/s usage for a few seconds, then goes down to 1-2 mb/s and the lag persists, starting smaller around 7th minute and going into a nearly complete pc freeze seconds after 8th minute (this time before ults). I was barely able to kill hots from task manager. Ram usage was alright, around 60-70% (considering i only have 4gb i’d say the numbers are ok), cpu around 35% (core parking disabled), disk was 100%. Temperatures were all good too.

Antimalware Service Executable constantly used my disk as soon as the problem started and a few minutes after. I think this is windows defender related, could it be the problem? I dont use windows defender anyway so i can disable it if needed.

Good morning Cappa,

Yes, you should try this. Having two anti-malware programs running at the same time might lead to issues.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Sorry for the late reply, i can’t really play until the weekend. The problem persists even with the antivirus turned off (Windows defender was the only one i had). Im not sure what to do about this. I kind of want to quit playing heroes but i know ill come back around and ill hit this issue again.

I have the exact (!) same issue.In fact i came here to post the exact same thing that you have posted.So if you find any solutions please let me know.I tried the suggestions of bot already too and no luck.Right now im trying ‘‘deleteing the temporary cache of hots’’.I will let you know if it works.

It used to work in 32 bit, so im wondering is there any way to play 32 bit again? Even though the 32 bit client was removed (4 hours after i confirmed it to work) im hoping maybe there is some kind of command line or something? sigh my hopes are riding on this. Its kinda lonely without hots lol.

Also: Did that fix your issue charmer?

hi how r u? … im suffering lag spikes since about a year or longer … thought at first its my conntection but after upgrading my internet connection and checking other games found that only HOTS im suffering lag spikes in … i checked many solutions posted on blizzard but none solved the problem
here are the MSInfo & dxdiag files as per one threads talking about the same issue
drive.google. com/open?id=1-nhR76Z4Wf3lTjD5UOu7rom9MgNM9XAN
drive.google. com/open?id=1YhVhXT2NB31QrAMtao7Z0dvHz5JY6ikG

Good morning winner1,

Could you please post a WinMTR as well? Please run it while playing the game.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

drive.google. com/open?id=15gA5cnlTEd59kCPt2QzyUW77o_–j5Mv
there you go the Win MTR file

DxDiag
pastebin .com/CRJ8pNft
WinMTR
pastebin .com/PrkhxNn6
msinfo
pastebin .com/fTSrQ7Xt

Good morning winner1,

Unfortunately, drive.google tells me that the link you posted doesn’t exist. Could you please post a new one maybe using a different upload page like pastebin.com.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?