Nexus Hero Concept - Raena, Lady of Thorns

Raena, the Lady of Thorns
Melee Assassin - Nexus Hero

For those who don’t know who the Lady of Thorns is, she is the Realm Lord of Kings Crest. You can read more about this character and is story on the HOTS wiki : (Since it’s my first post on a Blizzard forum I can’t post link so if you want to see the HOTS Wiki Page, Please Google “Heroes Wiki Lady of Thorns”)

Concept Art for the Heroes of the storm comic (From Oscar Vega, Concept Artist at Blizzard Entertainment) : (Same as above, Please Google “Artstation Oscar Vega King’s Crest Character Concepts”)

I am aware that currently she is actually petrified in the throne room of Dragon Shire and the fact she is an original character from Heroes of the storm and also an announcer, which possibly make my idea in discrepancy with her lore, story or game logic.

I share this idea because i would like to see a new Melee Assassin/Support in the game.
I wanted to see some sort of a AA Duelist with a lot of flexibility with is Abilities as the level increase during the game (Like every Hero you can say haha).

I got this idea when me and a friend were talking about the possible next hero, when my friend said “I would love to see a new Nexus hero, I like the fact they have make some sort of a story for this game”, and I said “Ok but who from the HOTS story ?” and he said “Remember the battle during the 3rd comic ?” and because me and my friend love the design of Delia, Verick and Raena.
We wanted something simple a hero with a sword and armor.
And here we are.

I hope everyone can respectfully share their opinion or help about my idea.
I apologize in advance for my writing, English is not my native language but it is the one that offers the most visibility since English is one of the most spoken languages in the world.

- All values below are values of a level 1 Hero (with a standard scaling of 4%).
- All values are examples to help understand how the hero work, it is normal that some value can seem unbalanced.

Base Stat :

• Health Points : 1925
  • HP Regen : 4
  • Mana : 500
  • Mana Regen : 3
  • AA Damage : 105
  • AA Speed : 1.30
  • AA Range : 1.5

Abilities :

• Q - Thrust : (55 Mana / Cooldown : 7 seconds / Range : 3 / Width : 0.5)
    Raena rushes foward with her sword, hitting all enemies in a line for 130 damage. If Thrust hits an enemy Hero, Raena stop and reduces the Physical Armor of the hero hit by 15 for 2 seconds.

• W - Swing : (40 Mana / Cooldown : 6 seconds)
    Raena Swing her sword dealing 140 damage to all enemies in front of her. (with a similar area to Cassia Fend but with less range).

• E - Thorny handle : (65 Mana / Cooldown : 12 seconds / Range : 1)
    Raena grab an enemy hero, Root her and the enemy hero for 2 second deal 100 damage over the duration to the enemy hero.

• R - Heroic 1 : Fatal Strike (75 Mana / Cooldown : 60 seconds / Range : 9)
    Raena charge an enemy hero dealing 160 damage and lower by 30 the Physical Armor of the charged enemy hero for 4 seconds.

• R - Heroic 2 : Thorn Lord (80 Mana / Cooldown : 90 seconds / Radius : 7)
    Thorns appear around Reana and create an area which Slow enemy by 10 %, after 2.5 seconds enemy who are still in the area are Root for 1 second and take 120 damage over the duration. (The center of the area is the position where the player active this abilities the area don’t move with the player, I imagine the visual effect as something similar to Malfurion Entangling Roots but bigger).

• Trait - Thorny armor : Take 10 % less damage from non-heroic enemy and returns 5% of the received damages.

Talents :
Level 1 :

• Q : If thrust hit an enemy hero, heal by 40 % of the damage deal
  • W : Swing heal 10 % of the damage deal
  • E : Thorny handle grant Raena 10 Armor for 3 seconds

Level 4 :

• Q : Thrust slow every enemy hit by 15% for 3 seconds
  • W : Swing deal 30 % more damage to Minions and Mercenaries.
  • E : Thorny handle do 40 additional damage over 4 seconds (Something like Poison damage)

Level 7 :

• Q : if Thrust hit an enemy hero, Reana gain 10 % mouvement speed for 3 seconds
  • W : if Swing hits 2 or more enemy hero, the cooldown is reduce by 3 seconds
  • E : Thorny handle Heal by 60 % of the damage deal

Level 10 :
See “Abilities” above

Level 13 :

• Q : Thrust can now target structure
  • W : Swing deal 20 % more damage to enemy Slowed, Rooted, or Stunned.
  • E : Reana is no longer rooted when using this ability

Level 16 :

• Q : if an hero die due to Thrust cooldown is reduce by 4 seconds
  • W : Now Reana Swing her sword 2 times
  • E : Thorny handle deal additional damage equal to 1.5% of the enemy hero maximum health

Level 20 :

• R (H1) : Now when Raena charge an hero, hero nearby the hero charged are slow by 10% and have their physical armor lower by 10 for 6 seconds
  • R(H2) : Now the area slow enemy by 15 % and enemy who are still in the area are root for 2 second
  • [Passive] : Gain 10 % movement speed and 20 % attack speed
  • T : [Passive] Deal 10 damage per second to nearby enemies. Non-Heroic enemy take 12 % more damage (from the 10 damage per second only).

Thanks for reading.
I hope that the visual of this post was not too much for the comfort of your reading.

How about Verick and Delia that got yeeted by the dragon knight. they could be like a 2 in one character kinda like The lost Vikings. Delia would be the assassin since she’s the aggresive one with armor while Verick would be the support since he’s the cautious one without armor. They would also not break the lore since they are just unconscious

1 Like

Yes please, been wanting more of them. The hots comic just seem to be put aside at this point.

E : Reana is no longer rooted when using this ability

So this skill implies that Raena is immobilized? The ability works for 2 seconds, is this talent needed at level 13?

That hero you want to be implemented sounds just like Zyra from league of legends but all and all an interesting description.