No 32:9 anymore?! wtf!?

We live in 2020 - why the DUCK does this game not support 32:9 anymore?!
That’s right - ANYMORE - there are screenshots online of a time when people could use it and then some monkey removed it again. You add a sensible feature and then you remove it?! What the DUCK is wrong with you!?

1 Like

No you can still play it in 32:9, just have to launch it via Geforce. At least that’s the way I do it.

Hello,

I have the same problem.

It’s February 2022 and the problem is still not solved.

Blizzard refuses to unlock the 5120x1440 resolution for players, it does not appear in HotS for example.
We can’t choose the aspect ratio (16:9 - 21:9) like in Overwatch unfortunately.
So we are forced to play in full screen window but with the bottom edge of the screen unavailable for the mouse.

After opening the file Variables.txt and changing the “width” to 5120, the game performs an analysis of the game files and sets it back to 3440. Problem not solved.
And if the file is read-only, BattleNet/Blizzard updates the Variables.txt file. Unresolved issue.

Optimization with Geforce Experience does not work.
Launching the game with Geforce Experience doesn’t work either.

5120x1440 resolution exists in Overwatch, but only with 21:9 aspect ratio.
The 32:9 aspect ratio does not exist. And so there are two big black bands on the side.

Blizzard will not do anything to fix this problem. We can’t count on them.

Good luck.

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Blizzard refuses to unlock the 5120x1440 resolution for players, it does not appear in HotS for example.
So we are forced to play in full screen window but with the bottom edge of the screen unavailable for the mouse.

After opening the file Variables.txt and changing the “width” to 5120, the game performs an analysis of the game files and sets it back to 3440. Problem not solved.
And if the file is read-only, BattleNet/Blizzard updates the Variables.txt file. Unresolved issue.

The 32:9 aspect ratio does not exist. And so there are two big black bands on the side.

Good luck.

Hello,

I have the same problem but with the 32:9 resolution (5120x1440).

Good luck.

It’s February 2023 and the problem is still not solved. (I know I technically post this in March)