Outplay or being outplayed!

This game is about outplay the enemyteam or the enemyteam outplay you.
There is nothing between.
Remember some years ago that I had games lasting 40+ min and those were fun because you could not see which team who would win but now it is outplay the enemyteam or the enemyteam outplay you.

But for some reason I had a game yesterday that lasted 39 min and we were almost outplayed by the enemy but then they did one mistake and that made us to be able to win and that is how I want the game to be.

2 Likes

Yea, there are some true gems of games sometimes. But most of the times I can already tell by the loading screen what it’ll end up to be.

I think it is because the roster has grown a lot. And there are to many heroes that simply need to be hard countered, otherwise they just stomp through the battlefield. Looking at you cho’gal. And since this game has no item system, or a lot of heroes that have very diverse builds depending on the sitsuation… It basically is a rock paper squissors game.

That being said. You can still outplay the enemy even when you are at a disadvantage… But if you are up against a team with lets say butcher and valeera, and you have Kaelthas and jaina in your team… Yea you lost that by default. lol

But I base this on QM. Which, i’ve been pointed out alot. Nobody cares about :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can’t see a game reaching that long if any one knows how to play. Maybe QM and everyone is a glass cannon, but still ojb.

Is it that you take objective past level 16 and the team who takes it splits so the defending team can pick them off 1 by 1 and hold. Then that team gets objective and splits? Back and forth stup idity until a team gets whipped and no camps are up?

I had many long games that lasted 35+ min. Level 25+ is not rare… I also enjoy those games that feel balanced and hence go on forever. It feels much more rewarding, when your team doesn’t give up, fight well until the end, wait for enemy to do a mistake.
I prefer these games over the ones, that are pure stomp and finished after 10-12 min… they don’t feel rewarding when you win and they feel pretty bad when you lose them. Stomps usually when … someone goes afk or has wifi issue, someone plays hero for first time, or just QM bad team comp vs enemy team that counters you perfectly, Also level 150 Butcher in enemy team vs everyone trying out new heroes (< level 15) on your team.

Havent had a single long and fair game in about 2 years. You stomp it or get stomped, average duration is 15minutes and not one match has even levels.
I did enjoy the fair matches where it was a bit of a struggle,both sides made plays and games actually lasted a bit its just not a thing in current state of the game.

Awesome! The games where you’ve almost lost but can turn it around are SO satisfying to win, or even watch! :cowboy_hat_face:

Did you know there’s a reply feature accessed via the Watch tab so you can share your epic victories? Give it a go! We look forward to hearing more stories from the Nexus!

Has taken a break from the game as I have found things to do in WOW on my hunter so right now I am playing that.

Yes I know that games are in watch but I always delete the games after finishing them.
So have no save of that 39 min game.
So can’t share that game sadly.

I must say I like the fact that games are around 20 mins long. Allows more chance to play a variety of heroes :slight_smile: