Public apology to the community

Cheers,

I’ve been a HoTs player for the past 4 years, and in that time, and despite all the problem the game has (or had) the fact is, 4 years later I still play it, because I like the game, its heroes and simple mechanics. The problem is, I’ve always been a very competitive person, and with that comes rigor, discipline, focus but also toxicity (in most cases, not all people are alike), which has been my main problem. I’ve been muted, suspendend and finally, after 16th of November I was permanently banned, and rightfully so.
I’m a person who’s currently fighting with depression and panic disorder, and it has been a problem haunting me for the past 10 years… I’ve been on anti-depresives 9 years ago, and it worked, I got back into life with a smile on my face, ready and better than I once was, but the adrenaline spikes, anxiety and rage spikes never trully left. 1 year and a half ago I had a health problem that triggered those problems yet again, and now I’m currently on medication once again, and feeling better than I was the past year and a half.
I’m not trying to get a free pass to my actions or the way I’ve treated others, I’m not trying to find and excuse for the selfish, pathetic and childish behaviour of insulting people, and yes, most of the reports were made by trolls, but the fact is, there was truth into that, I was indeed toxic, I deserved to be banned, losing all my stats, heros, skins, mounts and all that time (and sometimes money I wasted on cosmetics) was tossed into the trash.

Anxiety and panic disorder are serious issues that often bring a lot of problems into our life, and for a time I thought I didn’t need any help, I thought I could beat it without help (medication) but I was just lying to myfself.

I’m not trying to justify my pathetic and childish behaviour, I’m not expecting sympathy words or comprehension, I’m not expecting a ban removal, I’m not expecting anything at all. I just wanted to apologise to all the people i’ve insulted, flamed at, “shouted at”, because that is on me, anxiety or not, rage problems or not, they all deserve that apology.
I don’t know if the mods will delete this post, I hope they don’t, because there’s nothing wrong with it imo.

TL:DR Use this game to escape frustration, to have fun with your friends, no help u through tough problems u may be having in life, don’t add this game to the list of things that make u mad/angry or frustrated. My sincere apology to the HoTs comunity.

Cheers

6 Likes

Your compassion and remorse are well appreciated by some. But you are chanting in an empty amphitheater since the public have shifted its interest to the colosseum of pure vile, violence, hatred, and trolling and other tv reality-like vacuous self entitlement. Have you seen how the community is racist and troll minded (in a multi racial/universe/gender game that prone for diversity :3 go figure …) ??? The game is filled with players who genuinely don’t care about anything aside from tilting and reporting those who just want to play to have fun and win. And blizzard encourages this. Furthermore, I wouldn’t care too much about a company that just loots over its fan players, slaved its dedicated workers all for the interest of shareholder&CEO to finally parachute themselves after they lite a fire to their Christmast tree. If I were you, I would put that good energy where it is actually needed. This big yet decaying world needs you to put some seeds for a fertile and rich future. Be and do well mate.
L &L

1 Like

they did the right thing hope you never return in this game because is toxic player base if you try to be competitive the problem is not you but is the other people so you dont have to apologise yourself, and you did well to insult them because the one that insult is the only one that truly has a passion with this game other ones only play bad and its normal for you to get angry because is a 20-30min wasted every time.
i have also been suspended 2 times but thought they never completely banned perm someone lol, im sorry because 4 years on this game is alot of experience gameplay so dont try to write a ticket to unban you this game is at the end there is no playerbase and the matchmaking is really bad today you dont know the anger when i see someone like lv 100 and have been played for 5 months or so like 5 mvp reward that really the player base that ruin the game im really a good player and i never pass the platinum rank with 1000+ games on ranked.
leave this game alone and you will see in a few years what will happen

Hey man!

At first I want to congratulate you an this post with apology. It needs a lot of courage to tell other people about your health problems, and even more appologising for your behaviour.

Imao it is a very important lesson for you and for whole community. It is good to know that on this other side, there are also humans. Not dumb, not aggresive bots.

If in-game aggression and being insulted may be a reason of someone’s health problems, it is a good pattern to not get yourself into discussion and a better way than insulting back, may be just muting and reporting that guy. After this you can enjoy the game again and have a good day again :slight_smile:

1 Like

forget it, just make up a new account, and come bak,
simple

but this time, try controling the toxicity,

Many people just play this game for fun, not for winning, and they dont even put in effort to win.

For them, they just want an hour on gaming, no matter wht the result, no matter what hero they choose, ,no matter if the team has no healer or tank, they will still lock in their fav assassin because they play HOTS just to pass that 1 hr tht they want to giv to gaming.

But others, they like to enjoy as well as win… And how i see it, flaming and toxic words NEVER get you anything, but just get your blood pressure high for no reason.

Instead of flaming, be informative and motivating, it will help a lot :slight_smile:

4 Likes