Ranked Queues never pop in solo q?

I’ve been having this really weird problem when it comes to matchmaking. At the moment whenever I try to solo queue, I’m unable to find a game flat out. I’ve waited around 20 minutes or so for a game in Gold ELO but I know this isn’t the case because of the playerbase or whatnot, but rather because my MMR is higher than my rank by quite a bit. I’m netting around 20 points of PRA, but this is just for context.

When I was in silver, the queues were pretty darn fast honestly- anywhere from instant pops to at most a couple minutes even outside of prime time hours. As soon as I played a couple games in gold, however, it literally just stops putting me in matches. So far I’ve tested up to 20 minutes which already feels pretty abnormal. The kicker is that whenever I queue in a party, it’s back to how it used to be- generally fast. Has anyone encountered this bug, and can any blizz staff maybe look into my case and fix it?

Yeah, at times solo Q is giving problems,

What time do u play at?

I play between 4pm CET till 8pm CET or 9 or 10pm CET , depends how sleepy i m :smiley:

I will send u request once im bak home from work. may b we can party up,

I want to try out some new frends, and get a good comp n synergy going,

just preparing myself for the next season :slight_smile:
Im in bronze though, the curse of bronze is bad :stuck_out_tongue:

That happens because even though matchmaker matches by mmr, there’s still some rule to prefer matching same ranks. Having a wildly different mmr from ranks puts you in the no-mans land. That always happened when I played a bronze smurf. The only way around it is to play in party - then the rank matching seems a lot less strict (at least when ranks in party vary).

Also, starting from next season there won’t be personal adjustment anymore and ranks should reflect mmr directly, so technically this problem should be fixed. So you might as well just endure for 3 more weeks.

1 Like

Hey Clipper, I see you online same time as me, you did add me as a friend earlier. I will whisper you when I’m online again, maybe we can do Ranked? I’m also bronze

great, i want to try out as many frends as i can in this next month while this season still goin on, and also try out some compositions n synergies, so that all those who r stuck in bronze in this season, can mov on to silver n may b gold in the next :slight_smile:

i will b in nexus after 2 hours from now, and mostly stay in nexus for 4 hrs

tht means after 2 hrs i wil start playing, and from current time, after 6 hours i stop playing :slight_smile:

Personally I love it

Bronze is my badge of honor! :poop:

Any active player up for a game with a Legendary Bronze Five is free to add me:

Xylord#2300 in the Europe Region

I am brave enough to fight in the Nexus!

Are you? :sunglasses:

I like that haha, even im on bronze 5 right now,
those vikings players n hammer players and nova players, GOD, wht to do with those , and im talking abt the ones in my team, total trash

You will see a lot less of them if you just played Ranked and avoided Quick Match

Last time I fought a Sergeant Hammer in a Ranked game she almost destroyed my whole team due to how skilled she was

Anytime we caught up to her she would escape in a hurry and was quite successful at it too

And she had a very good team protecting her including a Butcher who actually knew how to play well

It was a real challenge

And the same goes for The Lost Vikings and Nova players I have seen in Ranked

They almost always knew how to play their heroes well

Don’t waste your time in Quick Match

Ranked is where skilled players fight

im talking abt ranked bro,
QM for me is just fun n practice, i dnt care wht i get or wht enemy get in qm,
i play qm for fun, and wen the match ends, i forget abt it,

Ranked is the only thing i talk abt in forums

And in past week, i had 3 Novas, and 3 Hammers and 2 Vikings player, in different games.

Nova = least damage in all games, would stand stil n do nothting,NOTHING at all.

Hammer, fighting in the mid, not pushing top or bottom, ofcourse had highest damage, but no xp no nothing.
and the other hammers, they couldnt even get much damage and would b super safe play, or massive death streak,

and the vikings, GOD, no xp, they not even split up, n keep dying n feeding,

but the hammer n nova in the enemy team, ALWAYS awesome

I know exactly what you mean -.-

It’s happening so many times it almost feels like some kind of magic

1 Like

ya, not just hammer n nova

Butcher on our side, baby who we need to feed, n cries all game long
Butcher in enemy team, MONSTER ,
lol

everytime someone takes butcher or hammer or viking or nova in our team, i have this feeling deeep inside, tht it will b a waste of next 20 minutes

1 Like

I prefer to be more optimistic

Even if I have a feeling that my teammates will not do so well

I pick a hero that can help them do what they do best

Sometimes if I see a Butcher on my team I even pick Auriel or Abathur to help him with attack speed and stuns

You should try it!

ya, but if u gonna go aba, u need to b sure tht our of the other 3 , (bcoz one is butcher, n u plan to b aba , leaves 3 others) , tht the other 3 have a tank n heal

if the 3 r assassin, then u need to go heal or tank, and ask one of them to change to the other role tot fll in.

verrry rare i see the chance for an aba to be picked, bcoz mostly ppl just like to go assassins…

and i dnt say anything out,
i always tell the butcher something like this

“bro, play safe, dnt die, we help u get meat”
but, nope, tht butcher would just charge in n die, n shout on the healer.

If my team chooses to pick FOUR ASSASSINS then they made their choice

I am not COMPELLED to pick a Healer or Tank for them just because they made a choice

Play what you want when you want and choose to enjoy it

Win or Lose

Being happy about is always a choice

THE POWER IS YOURS!

haha, well, if the pre-pick is showing me assassins all the way, i dnt lock in,
i try to fill in, i like to win in ranked,

but yesterday i found a team of plyers, it was SUPER fun playing them, the synergy, was awesome

one game i topped damage as ming = 80k
next was there guldan at 50k
than their hanzo at 35k
than our johanna 30k

tht johanna was soo good, and every time she stunned n pulled ppl together, my missles n orbs were ready,
its sooo much fun when people hav this coordination going, n its possible if they hav basic knowhow of playing game

an assassin shud always b ready to get out some damage when his tank provide oppotunity, i use to spam abilities all the time, coz everyone seem to b playing as a SOLO player in a team of 5, lol

but yesterdays game, well, thts wht im talking abt,

This brings back memories

Do you remember Ess of Johan?

It was a talent Li Ming had that caused her W to pull targets to the middle if it hit them

Cries of agony echoed throughout the nexus until that talent got removed XD

1 Like

haha, no,
i started playing Li Ming recently, may b 2 months or 3 months,
i did hear abt it in us forums, and searched it out,
tht was some major CRAZY stuff haha,
i can relate tht , specially when the damage of orb n missiles was also higher,
the damae also got nerfed, and then calamity got nerfed and cant hit minions or monsters,
even if calamity can damage minions, i would pick li ming as default pic,
my li ming play is much effected bcoz of clearing lanes, which i need to b doing when my team not rotate, if calamity had minion killing power, mannnnn, life would b sooooooooooooo easy :smiley:

1 Like

Just be glad you’re not in my region. I waited 1hr 15mins for a ranked queue to pop. The spread of players is absurd ranging from Silver to Diamond.
It’s officially dead here.

Thankfully QM is still ok.

So what is your region?

Now you’ve got me curious