Raynor Challenge, same rank, opposite results

Everything starts from the fact that in one of my two profiles, called Heisenzerg, I had great suspicions the system had “blocked” me, or worse, it tried to demolish me. I stop playing because every ranked game had become unpleasant, a real disease, and I resume a few days later randomly with a secondary profile (Motaro).

Coincidentally the secondary profile has the same rank (gold), and just to do something I decide to try using only Raynor, also because when I try to fix my team anyhow to achieve a win, the final result (defeat) does not change anyway.

Almost incredibly I win virtually ALL of the matches. Massive damage, huge exp, killings, assists, advices, aid, depush, camps, I do everything. Also because (without offence for the gold league playerbase) it is usually easy to outplay this elo. Moral of the story I have 80% + winrate and I get sent by gold5 to gold1 (MVP rate is something like 40% of the matches).

Here comes the mystery. I go back to the “real” profile, Heisenzerg, the one i literally ragequit to, and start doing the same Raynor “challenge”, certain of the fact i just had to pick a strong AA every single game to climb … (Currently gold3, went down from Plat1 at the beginnign of the season)
… … …
45% winrate. I’m back at the horror movie, every single game. Nothing has changed since I left it. It still looks cursed.
Same rank (gold), same player (me), same champ (raynor).
With Motaro, I win every single game, with Heisenzerg, hardly half of them.
It’s unbeliavable, tanks with mental problems, tracers solo laner that at level 4 try to keep a temple and dies, deserted lanes, every singe ally build totally wrong, exp almost 0, and not only, also against very strong and coordinated opponents who know timings for camps, build correctly, and counter pick, posiiton nicely . Every. Single. Game.
They don’t even look like gold. My allies are worse than bronze and they always show it since draft.

If I had a hunch that the profile named Heisenzerg had some problems and I couldn’t get it up and not for my fault, now it has become certainty with this simple test.
It puts me against much stronger adversaries than the other, with much worse allies. As if Heisenzerg was the best player EU with infinte MMR and Motaro was the worst of the bronzes.

It can’t be a coincidence. There are obviously some huge system MM problems.

It is likely that the hidden Match Making Rating of the two accounts are not the same

There are also rumors that the developers implemented a 50% winrate enforcement algorithm where the system pairs you up with inferior teammates and superior enemies to prevent people from winning or losing too much because they thought it would make the game interesting

If this is true though

What it has done mostly is just increase frustration

An algorithm shouldn’t decide whether your teammates are worse than the enemies you are facing

It should be left up to chance completely which would be fairer instead of something artificial like this

The game probably pairs you up with inferior teammates in the hopes that you will lead them to victory because it believes you are a good player who needs to be added to a team of inferior players in order to artificially create “balance”

Your second account is probably simply suffering from this less or is seen as an inferior player by the algorithm and so is being paired up with teammates of the same level or superior

This would probably explain why it’s much less frustrating to play on that account

You didn’t say the first account gold division ? Maybe you are biased and your teammates are equally bad but on your second account the enemies are also bad so that is why Raynor gets away.

Interesting points! Altho I can confirm that the 50 % forced winrate is not accurate. That was created as illusion of average skilled hots players.

What happens is that when you first climb with positive winrate, eventually you end up in games (higher rank) where your skill matches your rank. Therefore you are stuck there which means the more you play the closer it gets 50 % winrate. This will only change by luck momentarily or if you improve as player.

As Xylord already explained very well, it IS an MM or rather MMR/Ranked issue.
The system basically matches your with others according to your MMR, but only within the same rank range. This translates into “fair” aka 50% winrate games, but a “unfair” ranking process where players are punished in particular if they have a lot higher MMR than their peers (and benefits for second accounts accordingly).

Lets assume that the average MMR in Gold is 2,100 (random number) and lets assume the range of MMRs is about 1,000 (very plausible IMHO in gold/platinum). Any time a high MMR player with 2,600 is matched against an average team in this system, he needs team mates that are well below average (in this case maybe even a 1,600 player). Hence, your are supposed to carry 1,2 or even 3,4 other players in almost every game.

Your other account on the other hand is very likely to have an lower MMR than your actual skill (keep in mind that MMR is a limited reflection of skill anyway). This should and obviously does result in a win rate that is well above average.
So the problem lies in the combination of 2 different ways of “measuring” your skill (arbitary ranks and win rates aka MMR).

The real problem at the moment is how Match Making Rating and Rank do not align

They should be the same when playing Ranked

Why do you even need a hidden Match Making Rating number when you should be playing with people of close or similar rankings to begin with?

That’s just another reason why the system is flawed

Rank should decide who you are matched up with and against and the rest should be left to chance

There should be none of this “Averaging” nonsense to ensure “Fair” games

You should just be paired with and against people of similar rankings

This would result in MUCH FAIRER games along with faster queue times as no other kind of number crunching is involved when finding people to play with!

Exactly. There would be a couple of “unfair” or rather uneven games in the beginning since people are ranked all over the place. However, this should even out very quickly and certainly a lot quicker than using the current system with additional so-called adjustments.

There is a high risk though that you lose a lot of players in the process that are currently ranked too high and either start complaining heavily or just quit the game due to “unfair” matches (or rather not being carried by the system).