Resolution 5120*1440 (Dell U4919DW)

Hello,

I was currently able to get my hands on this giant 32:9 5120x1440p Dell monitor. I know that 32:9 is not officially supported, but i can play on 32:9 3840x1080 by editing the variables.txt or using Geforce Experience (sets it to 5120 but game resets). I tried locking the .txt file but that doesn’t matter. Using Dynamic Super Resolution at 20k enhances the picture to look like 1440p but im pretty sure it still is 1080.

Update: 1 Day later and Geforce Experience cant locate HOTS anymore… resolution is rly bad…

Is there a way to get 5120*1440 working?

Thank u for ur Help!

2 Likes

Hello,

I have the same problem.

It’s February 2022 and the problem is still not solved.

Blizzard refuses to unlock the 5120x1440 resolution for players, it does not appear in HotS for example.
We can’t choose the aspect ratio (16:9 - 21:9) like in Overwatch unfortunately.
So we are forced to play in full screen window but with the bottom edge of the screen unavailable for the mouse.

After opening the file Variables.txt and changing the “width” to 5120, the game performs an analysis of the game files and sets it back to 3440. Problem not solved.
And if the file is read-only, BattleNet/Blizzard updates the Variables.txt file. Unresolved issue.

Optimization with Geforce Experience does not work.
Launching the game with Geforce Experience doesn’t work either.

5120x1440 resolution exists in Overwatch, but only with 21:9 aspect ratio.
The 32:9 aspect ratio does not exist. And so there are two big black bands on the side.

Blizzard will not do anything to fix this problem. We can’t count on them.

Good luck.

This thread is 3 years old and not a Technical issue sadly it’s a limitation of the game itself.