Sharing Features Between Blizzard Games

I wonder why some of the features that one of the Blizzard Games has, aren’t shared to other Blizzard Games. Examples (Overwatch vs HOTS):

• The UI of Overwatch seems very intuitive, yet the UI of HOTS is kind of incomplete and not very accessable. I often have that feeling: Why can’t I have information X or Y that I’m used to have?

• You can’t switch heroes ingame. In Overwatch this is very helpful for a comeback. Picked the wrong hero for your comp? No problem, just switch.

• Respawn time in HOTS is not long enough for making tea but long enough to feel uncomfortable. In Overwatch you can return afte a few seconds, I don’t tilt as much because I know I can try again immeadiatly. In HOTS I feel lost. Not only I didn’t win a fight, I’m getting in visual jail for it.

• Cosmetic things like Emotes, Sprays and Voicelines are worse too. Why only 1 of each? Just bring that wheel of choices to HOTS already :smiley:

1 Like

That’s the point

Dying is supposed to be a punishment

If you want your visual jail-time to be shorter just play Murky all the time for eight second respawns

I agree with this one

It would be beautiful to actually have this in Heroes of the Storm

2 Likes

Why would punishment for deaths be a good/necessary thing?

I feel the UI is going the way of Diablo 3’s UI - getting obsolete and no longer shows what it needs to show to be valid.

e.g. Abilities on the “1” key like Nova’s Ghost Protocol aren’t even in the hero selection UI. Muradin’s Haymaker tooltip still doesn’t reflect the fact that you can punch enemies through your gate.

Camp/permanent objective spawn timers on a HUD would be so much more effective and especially help newer players in getting them.

In the menu I would love to be able to see damage NOT at level 1. This information is so useless. It should be like the calculators out there with a 1-20 scale selector, or if you press a modifier key it shows key break points like lvl 10, lvl 13, lvl 16, lvl 20 damage.

Because otherwise the enemy team wouldn’t feel like they are accomplishing anything by taking your team down

But is that the case in games where the respawn time is low?

Go play Heroes Brawl and find out for yourself

Now imagine if that respawn timer was in all game modes

Or better yet:

Just play Murky and pretend every hero has his eight second respawn timer

If you still can’t understand after having done these things

Come chat with me by adding me as a friend and I will do my best to talk with you about it

Xylord#2300 in the Europe Region

Regarding respawn timers, they are a problem if you ask me.

In early game they aren’t long enough, in late game they are too long. There should be some sort of middle ground or different way to handle this.

Dead heroes go into different plane and do some sort of stuff to compensate. I personally like how Leoric is handled, maybe apply that to all heroes - slow and rework his trait.

Sheer fact you can be behind entire game, then win late game fight and insta win… thats just not right.

Respawn timers as low as a few seconds, abilities with no ressource cost and third person view & WASD controls like in smite would make the game an even more fast paced experience, which is already a good reason to pick it over LoL or Dota2. I mean: Who wants to waste time beeing dead and loosing off of it for an extra 10 Minutes per game or to fill up secondary ressources in base? That’s far away from enjoyable. More action in a short period of time and getting better at mechanics to win the fight is more fun than “ressource management”.

For now I don’t think the perfect MOBA of the new type is born yet.

Have you even played Heroes Brawl in Heroes of the Storm?

It has these respawn times you’re talking about

Have you even played Murky?

Murky respawns fast and has no resource costs

No, I’m fairly new to the game, I will try him and I can’t think of one reason I wouldn’t enjoy the lower respawn time. But I don’t want an advantage just for myself. Waiting for teammates who are dead or getting objectives uncontested is the same problem.

Have you given Heroes Brawl a try then?

Everyone gets the benefit of a faster respawn timer there

Give us a review of what you think of that mode

I believe it is ok, As the game progresses, you get to know your allies as well as your enemies better. Hence, you should be more careful and more coordinated.
And a death should punish the team more severely,
Its perfect how it is

1 Like

The current special mode seems to be without faster respawn. Also it’s without extra objectives, which I also don’t like. I like the fights though.

And regarding sudden Comebacks: I’d quit the game if coming back from beeing behind wasn’t possible in HOTS. I hated that (and farming for items) about LoL. And I love it about OW. You can beat the enemies at any time, just play better now. You’ve lost? Bummer, but hey it was only 10 Minutes of your lifetime, not 40.

1 Like

It would be ok if objective requirements also proportionally increase, or have fixed damage and HP values through the game.

For instance, you win a team fight on Alterac early game, requirement to cap is 30 sec, respawn time is 20 sec. Late game, cap is max 50 sec, respawn time is 1 minute. That 50 sec is only if you won previous obj, if you didn’t it will be shorter.

So you win 1st 2-3 objectives… meaningless compared to last objective, which is far stronger and has potential to end the game, while 1st two didn’t have that potential.

To me that is not balanced at all.

It is in most cases far more beneficial to simply soak and ignore 1st objective, because you can do much more pushing and get more value from that while enemy team is busy with objective.

I.e. obj is top, you all go bot and destroy the fort, you will get much more value that way.

That is a big design flaw. Why? Because same obj value is not the same depending on match timing. Obj becomes far stronger, while if you lost it early game, doesn’t mean anything… because you can win with one good engage.

That is directly punishing early game compositions and rewarding late game ones, also promoting luck removing meaning from early game completely. Its just bad design.

True, but it balances out. if you go soak while team captures objective, obviously they will com back to defend, leaving 2 at the objective. Even if they dont, the xp you gain by getting a fort would be somewhat similar that the enemy will gain while pushing with the objective, so it balances that out.

The more the game progress, the stronger the objective, true again, and that is to get results without lingering on the game for an hour or more.

Even now, several well-matched games go to level25 hero levels very easily, thts about 30+ minutes i believe, if the later objectives were not stronger , these games would last well over an hour,

And Hots general game lengths is 20 mins, that is one reason they keep the objectives getting stronger

for heroes who r weak earlier game, and stronger late game,
yes, they can get the later objective, but if your team had been capitalizing on the early game strength, you shud b well in advance in levels, and should hav hit level 20 while they were level18, hence again, balancing things out,

But if the team thts strong early game and mediocre late game, plays bad, then it deserves to lose, the better team wins in the end.

I dont think you should compare game mechanics between different games because they are different games, just like I wouldnt suggest no respawn at all as in WoW arena. I wouldnt for example give raynor limited ammo between reloads.

Cosmetic wheel like overwatch? this wasnt there when overwatch released and got added later on, so there’s a chance they’ll work on it too but with the lower cadence of the team i doubt its a high priority.

1 Like