Starcraft 2 consistently crashes to desktop since 12th August

Hi,

I have had a lot of problems with StarCraft II crashing to desktop recently. I never had a problem before last week but now it crashes almost every time I try to play a game of Co-Op.

I asked in the Co-Op chat and found that some other people have been having crash issues lately. I wanted to start a thread because I want to rule out whether there is a problem with this patch for Co-Op.

I have crash logs but don’t know if I am able to post them here. Crashes don’t seem to have any particular trigger or pattern to when they happen but it is always during a game (not in the menus) and usually in the first game I play.

Is anyone else experiencing problems since last week? Or if not does anyone have any suggestions? I have already followed all of the troubleshooting here except uninstalling/reinstalling the game which I guess I’ll try next.

Thanks

Hi Fluffatron! Sorry to read that Starcraft II is giving you some troubles.

First, this is the Heroes of the Storm forum, if you have other issues with Starcraft II aside from this please ensure to write on the right forum here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/c/starcraft-ii-technical-support/9

For now is ok, I will give you some recommendation and close the topic ^^ you can eventually write a new one on the above linked forum or open a ticket directly (I’ll point you to it at the end of this response)

Now, the vast majority of issues related to crashes with the game are related to the Stacraft II folder under Document being synched with OneDrive (assuming you’re using Windows)

I would encourage you as a first thing to ensure that the folder is excluded from the synch or deleting it entirely, then try to access the game again.

If that does not work, feel free to contact us again directly and provide either the game logs or if you receive a crash code (that very long alphanumeric string) just write that in your ticket text: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/starcraft2/234/240/solution