Storm League balance

I really enjoyed Storm League matchmaking and new features. However after playing first day in the league I am worried about the balance. I got matched against few 5 man parties - super strong premades - against my team including 5 solo players. We tried our best, but you guessed it - we lost the game. The result was obviously approx 200 points loss. Here I wonder, shouldn’t we lose less points?

For me it’s pretty obvious that 5 man party should be favoured in the matchmaking. Even 3/2 combo over 5 random players should be perceived as a stronger team. I think it would be fair enough if premades were gaining less points for wins and solo players lose less points for losses. I’m talking not ±5 points, but ± 50 points.

If it won’t change I think Storm League will become a ‘team league’ with solo players left behind. Matchmaking tries to match opponents with similar rating, but it doesn’t look at cooperation, communication between players themselves, so premades will always be favoured.

Let me know what you think,
Best!

During placement yesterday in few games with all 10 solo players Ive checked their last seasson rank and noticed there is one Plat,one Gold,Silver and Bronze,in few matches. I was asking myself,where Ill be placed.
Guess there is no enough ppl I guess,or it`s with purpose.

I think it`s not a big deal playin against 5party,if all know what to do,ofc.
Playin solo they literally realize,with nice communication during game,all good.
However it was fun,after 11-2 I get bored.

I think it`s not a big deal playin against 5party,if all know what to do,ofc.

In some cases it’s true. However when random guys are getting matched against premade team of top 20 GMs they have small chance to win. Division S teams and former HGC players are also teaming up to wreck solo players. Feels bad!

That is different thing.You think on trained team,guess you show to some Bronze team random,work with them few months,learn some tricks,they can be scary for everybody.