Strange game behavior and graphical bugs

Hello,

The game behaves extremely off since yesterday. I play the game on a daily basis and yesterday evening it was hell went loose situation.

First of all I received TOTAL ERROR crash for the 1st time in my life while playing HOTS. Afterwards it went even worse.

Every time I press “Play” button on the navbar at top my computer goes NUTS and the RAM and CPU usage ramp up to around 80% each. (I have Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and 16GB RAM dual channel 3000 Mhz) The “rendering” of the Quick Match screen (where I see the planets and my hero is taking like 15 seconds while my pc is starting to “catch fire”. (GPU nVidia GeForce 1060 6 GB). I can avoid this endless rendering if I click on my hero (change hero mode) - absolutely unexplainable for me why this works, but it is a temporal workaround I use currently.

In game the usage of my memory is going as normal for a minute then it goes wild again and reaches 12 GB of RAM, going down to 9.5 GB of RAM, then back to 12 GB and so forth. I am pretty sure this is not normal behavior, because I am playing with a friend with similar pc config and his game is using ONLY 3-6 GB RAM.

Also I am noticing that the background color of parts of the game is off as well. For example in menu settings the background is transparent and when I cast an ability normally the abilities are dimmed and I can clearly see the cooldown numbers, while now the abilities are exactly as castable (fully colored) and I only see the number not the dimming of the ability.

I tried to change settings, to reset do default (via Launcher,via ingame settings, deleted Versions folder in the directory of the game) without any avail.

I am willing to play the game but it is really uncomfortable to do so in the current state.