Stuck in silver

I’m in gold 5 now and I play flexible. In my last game no one teammate wanted play tank so I played Stitches (40k heroes damage, I don’t know how :smiley:).

Whole our team was destroyed by Kel’Thuzad in late game. Our Alarak had 17k heroes damage. Is it my fail?

1 Like

depends, cant say for sure, ur job as stitches is tanking not damaging,

40k damage is nt a useful info…
how much u tanked n how many times u die, thts important :slight_smile:

1 Like

That lose might or might not be your fault - it is impossible to say before seeing replay.

Statistics dont tell who played good and who didnt. Only by watching the game you can evaluate each player’s performance. There are so many things to look at but for example you as stich important part is how many hooks you landed that ended up you guys winning obj/tf? How many ended up kill? How did you positioned yourseld when tf? These are much more important info than your dmg and someone’s else. Lets say that you didnt do your job as tank, that might be the solo reason why someone’s dmg is low in your team and why you lost the game

What did you do to stop that kelthuzad? Did you zone him out? Did you try to isolate him before he did your team in? Did you hook his 1st chain target to prevent a combo?
What did you do help alarak? Did you zone for him? Did you put kills in front of him to help him hit his abilities? Did you ask him not to R into the enemy team 1x5 because you can’t join him? Or did you not even see him at all and did your own thing?
Is it your fault you lost? Always (unless some1 literally threw on purpose) - sometimes more, sometimes less. But there’s always something you could have done better.
Some teammates carry you and cover up your mistakes (your job then is to try to stop hindering them); some you need to babysit, pamper, use and abuse (and not only if you’re the tank or healer; e.g., if some1 has a tendency to get ganked too often, you can join for the next one and turn it around; of some1 is attacking weird targets, you can just join him and kill those targets first (despite your own intentions), if some1’s skillshot is going south, you can bodyblock the opponent into that skillshot; and so on and so forth). You have to adjust to the situation if you want to win in a team game. If you can kill opponents 1x5, that still doesn’t mean it’s the best way to win.
in low ranks you may feel that all you’re doing is “fixing” teammate mistakes, but when you go higher you’ll just realise that’s just how proper teamwork works. You just need to learn to pay attention to what others are doing and what problems they’re having and try to work with them not against them.

I do :slight_smile: , im in bronze, n its hard to find people who understand the roles
for example
Tanks who do NOT chase to get kills,
Healers who do NOT stand idle but would try do AA in the middle
Assassins who DO wait for the tank to initiate, n retreat when tank moves bak.
these r all simple points, but sadly, not followed.

But the season is ending in a month, n i hav already made up my mind,
i wil use this month as practice n training or crash-course :smiley: , n prepare better for the next season.

N if you play between CET 4pm to 9pm mostly , i would add u n lets play together

Its bcoz , i believe, ur frend won the first 3 games, n u lost the first 3 games , or first 2 games, etc.

first 3 games out of 10 carry the MOST IMPORTANCE… if you win those, n lose later, ur mmr is lowered slightly,
if u lose first 2, n win all others, ur mmr wont b tht high n u wil b placed in silver

I believe this is the answer, but we have still no confirmation. Even many years after release we do not have any clear information how placement games or how points or how eveything is calculated.

As a players this is something that is very important. I hope we have proper information when new system will be released. For example now I dont understand why I got negative rank adjustment even I have been winning more than losing lately. When I got negative wr I had no negative points which is really strange.

1 Like