The weather effects are pointless and only ruin the game

When I finally tried the update myself, I found two key issues with the new weather effects.

1. There is really no reason for them to exist. They give all heroes some kind of effect at a certain time but all that does is just change the pace of the game which was already good.
  2. Massive frame drops. I don’t know how it’s possible but my game sometimes even went below 30 frames per second. And I’m not the only one who’s complaining about this- I’ve seen a lot of people in blizzards beloved reddit complain about the same thing.

Blizzard really has to stop adding pointless stuff that only gives negative impact to the game. Better release no updates than ruin the game

1 Like

To see even more crying

the fog is the worst…
ptr testing didn’t do its job imo.

lagging badly every 2 minutes and the worst is at beginning.

Not even talking about the effects affecting the game balance but I could run the game on ultra settings and the game was perfectly smooth. With those weather effects added the game suddenly stutters. At least give us an option to disable weather effects for good. Or am I supposed to reduce graphics settings to have a smooth game play experience?

I have had lag issues with the game for a while now. But that is in my end. Atleast that is the conclusion I had come to

perfect answer, this should be the solution. according to blizzard, everything is in your end. its never the servers, never bad design programming, never ever is their fault. players fault. you can have the best computer spec, still your fault for constant freezes and lags. there must be.

1 Like

fully agree, it just RUINS THE SCREEN visuals

I mean, c’mon, just make whole damn screen white, it’d be fun for everyone!

Well, in their defense, i have talked with my internet provider. They said that the switch we got is old, used, not doing to well. They said it is the reason why we can’t get more than a 100mbit connection

more bs again. Lag has nothing to do with download or upload speed. if you have a 5mb stable connection, you should not experience lag, because the amount of data being transmitted every second is not 100mb.
If there is a chance its in ur end, then the culprit must be the QUALITY of internet, that means the jitter. how many packets of data transmitted you lose and how often.
more BS you wrote.

I didn’t say it had anything to do with the speed of my internet. But more that it was so old, that i couldn’t get a higher connection than that. How the hell is this bs. Are you a troll or a moron. I just said what the company told me. The switch (that is what they called it. I don’t know if it is called something else in english) for the place i live, is old and worn out. Which should be the reason why i have issues with my internet. Lag, losing connection. I didn’t blaime Blizzard for my lag in the game. I actualy said it is in my end. Learn to read a post

I like some nature effects, and I even read what it means. However I don’t build my strategy according to this things))

Can’t but agree. Cool aesthetics, sure, but they have so many broken interactions and they make fps drop so much.

Same here lagging like a hell, nothing before update. I thought problems were on my internet, then come here to see everyone else to have problems too.

1 Like

Is not huge fps issue…is for me.
Let them add new stuffs.
The game run well even with climatic conditions.
Lets see is it they will remove it ,after a lot negative feedbacks.
Climatic cindutuins at tleast gave low stats of losest team,this is a little a chance for comebacks games.
I rate it with “good” rate.
You did complain and for old new mechanics ideas,and they didnt remove it!.
For an axample deathwing heroe and anomalyes xp globes,and many more…
I know you never stop do it…but you must continue do it,because you make building criticisma.
And make out them,to change a lot stuff and make state of the game be alot improved(better).

XP globes weren’t a bad idea. At start, they were just badly developed, but they weren’t a bad idea from the start. Towers were a good idea from the start, just needed a bit of nerf.
The deal is that weathers are just bad from the beginning. I don’t see how can they be balanced.

They have broken interactions heroes, add RNG to the game as the weather event triggering in the right moment can be a lifesaver, and not mentioning that invisibility forces players to stop rotating or doing insanely safe rotations.

Invisibility can be cheesed so much, trust me, I’ve done it personally. You can win the game with invisibility and complete stealth on the right hero, and enemy team can’t just go and check every single pixel before making a step.

Maybe weather effects can be made slightly better by giving a timer that shows duration / when the anomaly will begin and end, surprise factor isn’t something that fits in with this game.

Snow effect is insanely strong on Murky with his low health pool. Could be fixed by making it a % shield, but even then it’d make it too strong on tanky heroes. Also, snow saves lifes, it can just save from poisons in general since it just keeps building up.

And rain is annoying since it just forces you to deal AoE damage and it wakes up sleeping targets, as Mal’Ganis you can’t even use your sleep with that thing triggering for istance.

This leads me to think that there’s not actual way to turn this idea into something good, working, balanced or whatsoever.

The weather effects should stay, but only as graphic options.

@FinTuyokee …omg lol …wtf dude…"proof to me where i did said “weather condions can make “balanced”?!! Can you enswer to my question?!:slight_smile:
I did said that…” climatic conditioms “at least gave you low stats ,that mean gave .least stats and this is a low a chance for comebacks games”…Do you can understand what mean that?! :smiley:

I NEVER SAID ‘’’ Idea for climatic conditions can make the game “balanced”!!
When you read to someone what he thinks,FIRST READ CAREFULY what he say and then start think,ok?! :smiley:

Even you rate is bad idea,they will not remove it,they will rebalanceing stats,CD timers…im sure about that.I like it ,and these low stats from weather time in CD timer is only make the game with positive game play !

Sometime weather times,is like make out the game a little hard lvl mode,dependance from heroes and situacions.
THEY WILL NOT REMOVE it.they would continue read both forums,reddit for more feedbacks,and when they reliaze something really is bad,they will change it.
I m for weather affects,is good idea.
One guy even make out petion to be remove it,good luck,with to these “young gamers”,which do mistakes when rate something.
I know you always rate with “bad”," not well thought out" and you oftent ( high % of player base) and gave to them unproved game stats,things ,game mechanics,game mechanics,stats of heroes.
This is not happen again!
Trust me,even be created 1000 threats in 3 forums,US,EU,reddit.

I almost got a stroke trying to read this. No blizzard ofc won’t remove it and because of that I already quit. y’all can enjoy HOTSs slow downfall.

1 Like