This game has serious problem with balance

Rly wtf is happening here, why I need to fight versus 500 lvl or more when Im only 30.

They are probably around the same MMR as you are. Give it time, things will balance out as you play more and the system will have a more accurate sample size to see where you fit exactly.

No, it wont happen…

1 Like

If you check after match with who you played,its some kind of Mix League. Exmpl: 2 Golds 1 Silver 2 Bronze or Diamond Gold 2 Silver and Bronze and round and round.Even you can play with some Masters or GMs.
So for someone who is new can be helpful,it`s not full clown fiesta,he can see others who have kind a more skills and just folow.

To start with, Player Level, or even Hero level has NOTHING to do with the skills.
Honestly, if you feel u got stomped, wait till u be level300 player and then, what a level 25 player will do with you using his newly bought genji on his FIRST game on genji will drop your jaw to the feet. those r called smurfs.

And player level and hero level only reflect ONE thing with certainity. = the player has played several games, they can b vs AI (beginner AI) making the player’s skills slighty better than ZERO.

I understand your new, and you might feel the psychological impact. But honestly, i feel more terrified to see a level 25 player going in with Genji or Alarak or Maiev or Hanzo, while if i see a level 1000 player on any these heroes, i have no worries, even though im level 300 something player.

So, do NOT worry at the player levels :slight_smile: , play the game, and you will learn and get better :slight_smile: , Make frends, play with frends,

Also, play MORE AI , that will help you understand the game mechanics and also make u aware of the abilities of other heroes and how they effect you.

that is 100% true

if its brawl, brawls hav no MMR.

If its QM, i doubt that there r GMs being matched with bronze or silver. But yes, a GM can b matched with plat or diamond, but the system adjusts it for teaming them up with lower ranks.

Also, a reason can be, they are all in a 5man party, while your team was solo or duals.

Very simple really… there are not enough players to make proper matches. So you just get tossed in. My daily QM’s are people from lvl 1 to 3k.

You can see it from start of the match, which lane a lvl 30 is going, you know he new or smurf.

What can you do, maintenance mode.

But again, I’ve seen lvl +2k doing some really questionable things, making me think its little nephew playing.

1 Like

Your level is irrelevant, your mmr is only important thing.
Back in wow, season 2 afaik, your rating was 1500 at the start of the game, which was right in the middle of the ladder afaik, then you’d either climb up or fall down to the bottom. Idk how it works in hots, but I suppose its similar. I liked when you could see your rating and that was it, then they started making up stuff that, from my perspective have no reason to exist in hots. Plus I really like elo rating, how it puts things in perspective, and leagues mean nothing to me.

In wow, to get good starting raid weapons, people abused the system and payed someone to boost them to 1800 or 2200 (weapon requirement rating). All sorts of rating requirements were around so people who weren’t that good at pvp would hire gladiators and pro players to boost their accounts, so blizzard introduced mmr and then hidden mmr to try and fight them.

Like I said, I see absolutely no reason for it to exist in hots. There are no PVE raiders to abuse it, and the game is not nearly as popular for someone to drop 100-200 eur to get 2.2k rating or something dumb like that.

Maybe you are right for GM`s,I played against two Masters while I was level 20 so we had 3 high Plat players,every 2 or 4game Diamond,almost every game Plat,Gold and Silver always.

Maybe am wrong,I was interested just to see with who am matched.I don`t say that is system to matchmake just what I saw.

If a plat n gms takes a bronze n silver with him in a 5man party , the overall mmr is lowered, and thus the opponent side has more silvers n golds,

one GM n 4 bronze, will b matched againsts silvers n bronze, or a gold,

its a way they exploit the MM. And there is not much that can be done, trying to block this concept of exploiting will result in other issues, thts why the devs leave this one, also, in QM its more like this,
in ranked, if a GM takes in all bronze, the opponents will b GMs n Ms or a Diamond, in ranked the SL rank is considered, while in QM the SL rank is not considered, but just MMR.

What is rank if not MMR.
Last season played in ranked Silver against GM and Bronze,this season cant only in case if you play first 10 games you can get lower skilled enemy after placement matches am sure they get lower rank for that Also high Diamonds and on and on. Also saw account with last season Master this season Bronze,i was wtf how... Guy who have KDA ratio 350 for lifetime 80% have around 3 for sure no more than 6 very small number.Guess what,he is low Bronze. If he dont have skill with more than 25% MVP still Bronze.
What is counted for that player after Placement to be in Bronze,if not KDA MVP awards and stuff.Just can`t improve like individual

dont really know, tht is why they changing much of the SL in the next patch, also the MMR will b visible, which will be an important information

How much I understanded that patch,will be so much easier for smurfs to climb.If you will be placed in League based on your MMR and how much is hotslogs valid for calculating,if it is,can play first season in Bronze very well so next season can be in Plat easy according with hotslogs calculation without playin enough games.

If ranked points and MMR are connected that`s a different story.

rank points and mmr r connected, but different.

u cant have a high rank with lower mmr, unless u get to a high rank, and then start losing ur qms n not playing ranked, but tht is also fixed, bcoz of decaying rank points.

and mmr of qm n rank is separate i heard.

its not, its valid only on the number of games uploaded, but bcoz not ALL games r uploaded by ALL people, its not valid at all.