This really is what bothers me the most

The game matches you against better players with players worse than you in your team if youre generally winning more.
That way worse players might get carried by you, but honestly all it does is give the good player losses he does not deserve just so these bad players get a few wins here and there.
If it was proper, youd match against better players WITH better players whenever you play well and win more. Bad players would bad against bad more often and that would indeed be unfortunate but atleast its fair.

I started playing a single character in qm consistenly and i was peaking 74% winrate and it stuck to around 66-68% after a bit under 100 games. Now the thing is i keep an eye on peoples winrates after matches and the i only get matched with people that have much less winrate every single game when playing said character.
The average has been 41-47% winrate, qm/rank/unrank and i match against people with about 55-59% winrate average.
Its not just my winrate its clearly also individual character winrate since its high i match with lower winrate people.

Latest match i peek into the enemy team had 3 people who were in master in league while not a single players on our side was even close to high diamond but instead gold to plat 5 at most. 515 games played 67% winrate on enemy team our best was 52% winrate with 247 games. (67%,72% 59%)
Sure the mmr for qm and league are different but thats exactly the main issue they should not be, it is absolutelly unfair to match people like this.
All mmr should be shared to ensure that people actually match against worthy players in all game modes and noob stomping doesnt happen as much.

Then theres the entire mmr system spoken about early in the post where it matches worse with you when you win more thats just wrong do not do that.
There should always be a steady curve going upwards when you do well.

People deserve to consistenly get better matchups when theyre winning and not get punished because that is what youre doing with this matchmaking algorithm.

1 Like

I don’t think we really understand the full functioning of Blizz’s algorithms, but I can say it does make smurfing less prevalent. The problem is that there are many smufs and we also don’t want a system where the game is dominated by ill placed smurfs that should not be playing in Gold but GM.

I do agree that it is frustrating being punished for playing well and having a high win rate, only to be matched with players where winning is almost impossible.