Tyrande is a healer now?

Been a while since I played but I used to love Tyrande’s nice roll as a hybrid dps/support, i was very fun lots of utility and lots of agression, fit her character perfectly.

But now I’ve come back she’s been changed to be a healer, and her dps has took a heavy hit. It dosen’t suit her atall, Tyrande was never a healer. Back when the game first came out she fit a roll similar to how she was in wc3, an agressive support who focused on vision and focus fire. fantastic, she even had searing arrows as a tallent, I loved it.

I really hope it gets reverted back to being a support, she just isn’t as fun to play anymore.

2 Likes

Tyrande was also my fav char to play. I don’t play her anymore. I guess it is because she didn’t have a place in ranked and people complained if you picked her (even though i made 1 change his mind one day). I loved the sniper build with her

Honestly while I absolutely loved her old playstyle I really prefer the new Tyrande. She is one of the most meaningful supports, her stun is insane for follow up and can turn around fights. After Level 16 she can solo a lot of enemy heroes easily and her owls are still useful - vision is very important and you can still pick up the talent at Level 13 to slow the enemy hit and reduce their damage dealt. I think she just was able to do too many things at once, leaving her in this weird space where she couldn’t heal enough to be effective and damagewise, if you had good enemies, you wouldn’t get a ton of value out of her owls anyways. Now she is a very fun to play Healer and probably the best one right after Ana. Give her another try, trust me! :slight_smile: Played her from around level 20 (before the rework) to level 50 by now.

1 Like

I can only agree with BPX. Give her a try (at best with some friends) and you might come to like her new playstile. I used to be a main tank and basically switched to support just because of her insane playmaking potential (stuns, trait and starfall), vision (of course) and ability to keep a single hero alive for a very long time during a fight.
I also had a couple of nice kills when someone jumped into my backline or when someone tries to retreat on low health.

2 Likes

absoloutly everything you just listed she has always had. she was always a support, my issue is that she lost damage in exchange for a second heal charge to make her a healer instead of a high damage support. My auto attacks just tickle now untill I hit level 16 and get darnasian archery.

I still do play her, and still enjoy her for the most part, but I’m just really disapointed that she lost her roll as support and has been forced into a healer slot instead.

Thats not exactly true. She can actually save people and heal them up now because of the CD mechanic on her Q as well as her pseudo-cleanse on 7 (which you can use several times per fight).

She also had the cd on her heal before. Plus you could pick a talent for even more cd

Depends on what timeframe you are looking at. This sounds like a 2017 Tyrande with higher Basic Attack Dmg (around 85 i think), but higher mana costs on her Q as well. The original Tyrande had 1 Q heal with a lot higher mana costs (but also more heal).
The current Tyrande (as well as her overpowered version after her rework in April 2018) traded significant basic attack dmg (around 55 now) for a bit higher attack range and significantly lower mana costs on her Q. Playing her mainly in competitive games, i realized that she is finally a full healer now and a quite good one as well. You still get to “snipe” people, although they heavily reduced the dmg on her W, but her real strength comes from stun-chains (she is even able to initiate with the slow on her W after 13) and keeping one main target alive forever.
I do not say that one could not play her before, but that she had no real place in the Meta apart from the very first tournaments in combination with an almost invincible and unstoppable Muradin.

Why would anyone want MORE COOLDOWN?

cooldown reduction. My bad

1 Like