We need feedback from reports on players

The game should tell me that someone I just reported got punished, instead of just asking “Do you FEEL our reporting system is garbage?”

Just putting this out here because sometimes when I finish a match, the game wants my feedback and I get asked the dumbest of all questions: “How effective do you FEEL the reporting system is in Heroes of the Storm?”
I’ve seen people muted and banned from HL (that is something?) but personally, I FEEL that the reporting system is useless because I have reported several asshats and have never gotten a single “A player you recently reported was punished” feedback message like in Overwatch or League of Legends, and I truly think it’s necessary, that is a “proof” for the player that reporting bad behaviour indeed works.

2 Likes

Its not about reporting. Its about people using mmr system making lot of smurfs which cause lot of imbalances and lot of griefing and other things. Instead of reporting, sometimes think twice how you play, how could you improve etc. If all people just learn from their games all the angry is over because wh finally could have even matches.

I think some feedback would be nice. It would be nice to know that something I believe was troublesome has been looked at, either positively or negatively. At the moment, it’s very much a…press the button or don’t press the button, but does it really make a difference?

this question itself is irrelevant, because the same answer (lets say : its garbage)
can mean two contradictory conclusions :
_ its garbage it doesnt reduce trolling
_ its garbage it bans ppl for no reason

or even worse, we cant make a judgment because we dont know what the reporting system actually does

so just saying its good or its bad, is not enough to point the criteria that should be improved

1 Like

they should just remove the whole report system and increase the list of players u can ignore.
next, u shouldnt be able to be matched with ppl on ur ignore list either.
at worst u have to put up with that player once+x for every smurf of his u matched with.
with all the mute options u have enough tools at hand to take care of toxicness.
the system should be able to recognize high death counts and afks without us having to report it.

1 Like