What Can We Do?

Hi all,
I have been playing this game for a few years now, and still enjoy it very much. However, the surrounding negativity is sometimes getting on my nerves (game is dying etc.) and I was just wondering- what can be done?

Me and 5 other computer-software engineers play this game regularly and done so for a long time. We really miss times where releases were MUCH more frequent, but once every 5 months also makes us stray away from the game after 3 months until the next release. The events were also great, but the fact of no winter event (The skins are buyable but there was no event this year, right?) made it a bit more disappointing. Personally not a huge skin person, but do buy the occasional gems to support the game. The main content like heroes and maps (love the Alterac Pass and wish there were more coming, even Haunted Mines would be awesome) is what I strive for. Maybe maps are a long shot, but more heroes is what everyone hopes for I guess.

So, the question is, is there anything we can do? As software engineers and developers we really wish to help somehow, for the game we enjoy. Just to keep releases fluent, in terms of heroes maps, balance… anything really. I don`t know how much developers will read this, but anything we can do, we will do.

1 Like

Hi fellow developers!
I don’t think mods would do in such games. Too many people would misuse it to gain advantage. One would probably need to make an open-source, indie moba. But it wont work because such game (a good one) requires a deterministic, fixed point number, server side engine. How would we gain money to host something like that?