Whats Your Highest Level Hero?

Btw, I couldn’t help but notice you mention you’re in bronze in some other post. From what I’ve seen from my two bronze-diamond smurfs (I really couldn’t be bothered to push any further on a smurf) , mechanically difficult heroes very heavily underperform in hands of lower rank players (gold and below). Genji, ming are some of the worst heroes in bronze and silver (unless you’re smurfing there, of course).

If you want to persist on playing ming, I very strongly suggest spending some quality time practicing hitting Q’s (the fact that you try to avoid mirrorball kind of hints me you need work on your Q’s) on a small hero in training mode (moving standing, running away, hiding near minions - training mode offers enough space to get a good grip on your accuracy - should have at least 90% accuracy in training mode). Ming is really all about hitting those Q’s at precisely the moments when you NEED to hit them (or it goes the usual - no kill, no reset, ded ming). No matter what build you play, if you miss the Q’s you’re not going to perform well (I can see that very well from my own performance on bad days - miss more Q’s than needed = still top damage, still don’t die, but get no kills and almost always lose the game (unless getting carried by others)).

Playing Q build on BoE vs non-mobile opponent team (the eazy mode for Q build) is also pretty good practice. The seeker hit sound is just a very satisfying reward for a Q well hit - you should get addicted to it and naturally strive to never miss :).

Gz on that, lvl50 taunt is pretty neat (I really don’t like the lvl75 one and I’m still working on my 1st lvl100).

P.S. I really hope you’re playing with quick cast. I really can’t imagine playing ming without it. (I have non-QC W on my side button of my mouse for precision max range hits).

what u mean by lvl50 taunt?

and yes im in bronze, stuck ther, ,but i see tht playing healer has helped me get to bronzelvl3 promotion game, tonight may b im bronze2

before, when im playing Li Ming, i stayed in brinze 4 n 5 only,

N I dont miss my Qs ,

Just that the positioning n all is so weird , the tank is never in front, or jumps in n dies, the healer is running bak to forts with full health when he see enemy approaching, its chaos

I take diamond skin mostly, to get extra layer, especially if diving or charging enemy heroes

n mirror balls i dnt take , even though its more damage, n it increases chances of hitting at least 2 missiles coz there r 5 missiles,

i take fireflies solely to reduce mana cost

Mirror balls make 25 mana,
fireflies reduce mana from 20 to 15,

N i rely more on my E
Q n W is just to poke,

E n R to finish, with a Q when ever i can throw,

But yes, her Q is the most damage though, if all 3 hit

Well the taunt emote you do at start of game to intimidate your teammates and enemies :slight_smile:
Generally, lvl50+ are the taunts that are generally viewed as something special. Small thing, but it’s just a little bit reassuring that your teammate at least has some experience on the hero - no reason not to show it when you have it.

mmm i need to chk this out in google, lol , sorry to seem noobish

I onlyl know 2 things tht i do

T = to put the spray
Y = dance my Ming

mmmm I saw some really nice voicelines of Ming tht i never heard,
I think those r taunts u mean?
but how to make Ming say what u want her to say?
can u select each specific line for each specific action>
like move, attack, kill, hearthstoning, or can hav some random voicelines on ur 0 9 8 7 6 5 number keys?

:frowning: , i didnt try tht in any hero,

i messed up to get alarak W into Q combo many times, bcoz my W wont pull the guy i want to pull

people said use quick cast,

I went into setting to make AA on click,
so tht i dnt have to click A n then click enemy with left click
or, not have to right click enemy n right click ahead, to stutter step

i learn i just had to right click ahead n press A n right click ahead n press A n it would do it, but it hits the nearest enemy (including minions) which is stil fine,

but i wanted it on valla only, when i play greymane, i like doing things myself, especially in wolf form, but it got applied in all heroes,
so i deleted the profile,

I need to get in there again,

im sure you can set a profile for each hero,
need to look into tht

Well ming is a very self-sufficient hero. She can do poke damage from safe distance, she can dodge any dive and skillshots with her blink - she’s really nothing like KTZ (who is extremely reliant on the tank) or tracer (who is extremely reliant on support) :slight_smile: You really don’t need teammates to excel at her. But as I already said, her skill-ceiling is extremely high.

You get heal from dominance. That’s where NEVER missing Q comes in (well that, and knowing exactly how much damage you can do so that you don’t end up needing 2 more autoattacks to finish the job (or, more likely, die trying)).

You should always hit all missiles. Hitting only 3 should be considered as a miss. Mirrorball increases your kill range VERY drastically (you really can’t go in with E build if you’re not getting the kill).

The mana cost of mirroball and fireflies is exactly the same - 5 mana per missile (15 mana for 3 vs 25 mana for 5).
However, mirrorball has more upfront damage AND more dps (fireflies = 1.5 arrows/sec, mirroball = 1.67 arrows/sec).
The only upside of fireflies is it may increase your accuracy. It could be a necessary evil vs ultra-mobile targets, but it should not be default pick.

And as I said already E build is a reset-centric build. If you don’t get the resets, you’re not going to win fights. A reset on mirrorball is MUCH more valuable than a reset on fireflies. ( generally you don’t use W after resets in E build - you just EQ the next target, EQ again and again and again; using R to finish if necessary).

Ouch, even EQ is way too slow without quick cast. I mean I’ve seen some pro’s play without QC on ming, but they have insanely high APMs, so they can afford to do 2 extra actions and still make it in time (most pros still play with quick cast though).
My own feeling is that heroes that need to do 3-4 ability combos in under half a second are just impossible to play without quick cast (you would need to do 8 actions to hit 4 abilities without quick cast - that would require a staggering apm of 960 to do it in under 0.5 second). Add resets to that, and you technically need to be able to maintain that astronomical apm for quite extended time.

I use quick cast for almost everything except most highly sensitive ultimates (e.g., jaina’s ring, falstad’s hinterland, hanzo’s arrow). I also have 3 profiles to have 1 of the skills non-quick cast as side button.
For ming I have everything (QWER) quick cast + non quick cast W (mostly for tower poking at max range).

Yeah, simply right click is just outright better than that ;).
I myself got used to right click stuttering most of the time. One of the reasons I’m not that good on valla with her high attack speed (I do use A on her, but I’m just not practiced at it). Right click works well enough for slower attacking heroes and I do prefer the perfect accuracy of right click.

It’s better to use “closest to cursor” option (they added that option a year or 2 ago) for ranged hero and “closest to hero” (default option) for melee heroes.

That is also an issue… I miscalculate sometimes , and there, diamond skin saves me, but i do take diamond skin when there is butcher, tht extra layer has proved useful if he charge
n of course, i just reached 50, n im in bronze,
hold your horses, one tip at a time :smiley:

I agree to that, But i dont go much fireflly, though i was thinking to shift to it from diamond skin as im having less issues of surviving now. I kept diamond skin as an extra layer (do keep in mind tht I m no smurf account).

But mmmm your right though, Mirrorball will have damage.
U actually have inclined me towards Q build, but the happiness of jumping on someone n making them DIE n then jump jump n more deaths, I cant get tht with the Q build. but yup, hell lot of damage for sure.

I understand. at times Im (E+left click) ^3 or 4 times , n then it registers,
also coz of sh!tty internet n a laptop on which I play game not just at lowest graphic levels for it to work, but also at 800x900 resolution, the most lowest one possible, ,then the game works fine

I think after changing laptop (which Im assuming in 2 to 3 months) I can play at 1024xsome pixels, with mid graphics without any lag or slight fps drop
then it would b much much more fun

But, I will try QC tonight in training mode to chk it out

You should never ever use A+click - that’s simply completely useless. ‘A’ should be quick-cast for all heroes by default. Just use right click on target when you don’t want to use A (aim+click is still faster than press A + click, but in this case it’s at least 100% accurate).

As for type A-move, sadly I don’t think you can set it individually for each hero. You’ll just have to switch it at start of game if you want a different mode (closest to cursor vs closest to her0.

In general non-quick cast has absolutely no use for point and click abilities. There’s only ever reason to not use quick cast for skillshots.

Butcher should never be able to get an E build ming. 1 E with illusionist is enough to get you out of his Q range, even if you do get hit. And if you get lambed you won’t get your diamond skin anyway.

wait,
You mean, if AA is on auto , its not closest to the hero himself?

Means, if i need to attack thrall whose standing in the middle of his minions
(with tht AA on auto) ,
I can rightclick him for attack
or, even if i keep my cursor ON thral n click A-key , ,it wil stil attack thral, not the minion whose standing between me n thrall? (bcoz my cursor was on thrall, n nearest to cursor would be thrall)

i thought its nearest to my own hero, whoever is most near the range of my hero, tht one is attacked, no?

coz if wht u sayin is how it works,
i dont mind right clicking, n then drgging my mouse on thrall n hit A key n move it away n right click ,

coz moving mouse is not a big issue, clicking mouse repeatedly is troublesom for me

but still, I think ur right, i shud hav AA on autocast

n abt the quick cast, well, ,i will try it with Li Ming,

If im ok with it, i can try it on others too, may b

There’s an option to change that: closest to hero is default (if you never chagned it), but you can change it to “closest to cursor”. With that option, you just make sure your cursor is somewhere near your target when you press A.
Closest to hero still generally works better for melee heroes, since that generally involves less cursor movement and there’s rarely multiple targets in melee range anyway.

Yes, but you might as well just right-click if your cursor is right on target. Attack move is faster because you don’t need to move the cursor all the way between your target and back to your move path. For situations where you need perfect accuracy, you should still have the habit to right click.

That’s pointless. Don’t focus on accuracy when doing A-moving. Just aim for general direction of target to hit A. The only point of A-moving is to make it faster than the best accurate method:
Right click on target - right click to move - right click on target - right click to move.

Why use extra button at all, if you’re going to spend the same amount of time moving the cursor?

hmm i agree,

if i keep it default, = hit the enemy closest to myself,

then i can keep my cursor half way away from my hero in the direction where i want him to stutter step, n rightclick, ,n hit A key, n right click n hit A key, that would be much faster to time perfectly so that i do not reduce my DPS

Getting used to quick cast takes some considerable time (took me a couple of months to achieve similar results I had before switching to it). And of course, you’ll never have perfect accuracy with it (biggest problem is when you need near-max range hits - no matter how well you feel the range of skills, you will get too-short misses with QC). But the speed simply pays off when you get used to it.

I want have a game with you may b soon,

Battletag = Clipper#21680

to have some criticizing on my play
i believe i wil pick up a few tips along the game.

and yes, one big reason tht i dnt hav QC , is bcoz i think it not show the direction lines, tht where ur missiles will travel, n how far they orb will travel,

the E n R is no issue, but Q n W will b, specially at higher range,
in close range Q wont b an issue either,

Still, mmmmm not sure, but im going mirrorballs soon, unless i need diamond skin for sure,

coz with zera also i keep diamond skin, when he jumps i teleport with skin, ,so when he comes bak to final swing, i hav extra layer,
n for butcher also, n a few more

rest is ok, no worries

If you have spare usable buttons (on mouse or anywhere you can easily reach on keyboard), you can set up 2 sets of keys: 1 set all with quick cast an 1 set all without.
Set global quick cast off; set your non quick cast buttons (in the main hotkeys window) to your secondary set and then set QWER on quick-cast skills under advanced tab.
(In this case, the buttons shown on UI should be the secondary set, not QWER).

Well I can’t play ranked with ya (diamond2 atm), since your mmr would not count and you would be treated as diamond for matchmaking, but I guess you can join me for some warmup games in UD/QM if you wish (been a long time since I played any of those, but looking at yesterday’s 0-5 result, maybe I should start doing warmup games again…).

You can see battletag in forums :wink: (e.g., hover on the posters name and you will see the battletag at the end of the link (just with - instead of #).