Why do people play damage dealers when they cant deal damage?

Another loss where I outheal and outdamage enemy healer, but my impotent assassins make the whole experience just a waste of life

1 Like

Because noone want to play tank, neither healer. Even being bad DPS is more fun than running behind allies spamming chain heal or whatever~

1 Like

Damage dealing isn’t measured by any standards, so mentality-wise its the wild west, and even if people herp-derp around, then don’t take responsibility for their performance (or lack there of). You see the same mentality from WoW 5man dungeons since the game’s inception in 2004 to this very day, DDs aren’t being held to any standard, as long as you don’t AFK “you’re doing your job correctly”. Yet for tanks and healers, it is pretty clear cut if they perform up to standards or not, because if either fails, group most likely wipes. Yet, it is a trifecta system, as more damage would result in a faster kill, thus less damage intake, less healing required. I fully agree with you, that DDs needs to be held accountable.

Yet they are told that they suck, and if you do so, you will get a report on yourself. You’re not allowed in the Blizzard Universe of games to tell people to shape up, get their act together. For over a decade they have been passively told they can do whatever, and as a result, you get players that truly are incompetent at playing video games, and yes, being team-based foundation, you are forced to play with these people. Have fun /s.

It’s not always about the damage dealer. Alot of the matches in this game will become unbalanced enough for it to become either Stomp or be stomped.

If you are within a team that’s getting stomped and YOU are the damage dealer in your team , you wont be able to hold a “high damage” output throughout the match because when your frontline protections gets destroyed it will lead to you being on the run, reducing your damage output.

Your progress depends on your allies most of the time, if your allies can’t even keep themselves alive you will struggle to do damage. Then you’ll hear ignorant allies in your team saying “Where’s your damage” while they are the biggest part of the problem.

It’s the MM, if you have luck your coin will land on the winning side and your team will have 100% chemistry, if you’re unlucky not only your DD but the entire team will have 0% Chemistry…
The third chance is that the coin lands standing, which probably represents 10% of all the matches… meaning it will be an enjoyable match where both teams are good.

1 Like

Okay alot of good points made but let’s make the MOST OBVIOUS observation.
Over 50% of all heroes are DPS styled.

Some have support, some have warrior and in those catagories you sitll have DPSer hidden.
So yea…alot of damage dealing heroes that can focus on it. Ergo… alot play it but fail at it.

the worst type of players are those who never played heal and rarely play tank. they always instalock assasin, they cant play anything else and even taht only role they can play, they suck at…u take tthem only role they play and they become raging bomb. …“well why u didnt take heal?” … amybe beacuse i played it last 3 games and i lose them all cause of one tricks… they come in draft prepick hero and no matter what enemy takes they will instalock and play poorly. and whats the worst of all, just about when u gonna lose they gonna blame heal or tank even tho they have no idea how this 2 roles works. playing only 1 role should be bannable in hero league, cause u cant play with those players, its immposible. they dont care if u have 70% on assasins, they will insta lock their 40% dmg role and make u carry them with a healer… and have a fun with that… i dont mind playing heal or tank, but when i enter the draft and everyone prepick assasins its jsut GG. 0 communication , tehy think prepicks help u at draft but it only makes it worse. when i see 3 prepick assasins, i jsut take assasin… now fill roles and stop prepicking only 1 role.

1 Like

This post makes the assumption that “I” - the poster - am perfect, and “you” - the dps player - are bad/the reason for my unhappiness. As such, I can’t get on board with it.
There are a lot of reasons why a game of hots can be lost. The above mentality is probably one of them.
The only person who you can actually change is you. So maybe instead of flaming your dps on a forum or in game… come up with some tactics? Maybe even some teamplay? Encourage a positive attitude? Talk it through with team mates to try and find a solution? Give them hints in a friendly way, if you think you know better? Work on your own gameplay, try and make it as good as you can?
Just some ideas… Since you can’t actually stop someone from playing the game the best way they know how - yes, including picking a DPS hero.

Also please note the obvious:
Imablanced skill - the matchmaking does its best, but at the end of the day, one team has to lose, and one has to win. Ever been on a team and you were sure you were going to lose, because your team - including YOU - weren’t playing that well/having an “off game” from your usual “perfection” - But you still won, because the enemy team were playing even worse than your team.
I have. That’s just how the game works.

There are matches where you heavily suspect you will lose, almost certain that you will lose then it turns around and you win yes, happens every now and then.

But then there are matches where you KNOW you will lose and actually lose too.
Matches like this happen more often than the previous ones.

Absolutely agree with Zmaj. Let’s get more in the topic

1. People pick dps because they thing that click buttons in a proper rotation–> will make them feel better and get job done (they do not understand that you need to avoid mechanics either you are dps/tank/healer)

2. A good tank/healer will be a very good assasin.
    In the opposite a bad assasin will be very bad in healer/tank role

3. People who play healer/tank in the majority have better map awareness , they know how to avoid mechanic (fight awareness) and generally have better perception.

4. People who prefer assasin (majority like 80%) most times they say “Ok if i do dmg and i get hit by stun/li ming’s combo and i die it will be healer’s fault”. They do not have the brain to say “I will avoid li ming’s combo” . So another reason that majority goes for dps --> blame healer / tank

5. People with low/average skills will perform better as assasin than healer/tank.

6. If a damage dealers fails to do dps maybe the other 2 cover his/her sh*t, if a healer or tank fails–> wipe

Tanking/healer requires brain(use your brain, not just have it in your body) remember the majority of Wow top world guilds have been create (or lead) by tanks.

Kungen = Tank (Nihilum)
Sejta = Tank (Paragon)
Scobomb = Tank (Method)

Unlimited examples.

P.S. i know many haters come and tell me faker or xpeke who were top assasins and top LOL players in the world but we are talking about the “majority” of dps not just few exceptions.

Ictually I would say the worst players are those, who never played each role, no difference if they are DPS, Tank, Supp or Heal.

If You are Main Tank, You need to play DPS just to know, what they can really do.
Because if You dont, than You dont know who and how, You need to rescue.

As well as being healer is not enough, because, lots of times, You need to decide if heal someone, and loose cooldowns, or leave someone, because he is already dead, and using skills is just burning your mana and cooldowns.
And as well is You are Main DPS, You need to know if You have enought dmg to take down target You chase, because DPS are not for “making numbers”, but for taking down enemies - and DOING IT in “THE RIGHT TIME”.

You cant be good player at all if You dont know against what You are plaing, and how to counter enemy.

1 Like