Why the constant negative PRA?

Is it really neccessary to give a player struggling to get into gold -4 to -15 over the course of several seasons negative PRA while hovering slightly above 50% winrate? It is extremely frustrating. So much that i have found myself dodging queue to take a point drop on purpose. But that only helps for a couple wins and then its back. Same happens if I get a winstreak. Its gone for a blizzful few games until i get that one loss. And why isnt 8 wins in 10 games considered a winstreak? But ONE loss is considered a loss streak?

It doesnt help that oftentimes you get matched with a group of players with winrates of between 30% and 45% and play against an entire team with positive winrates

This is VERY counterproductive if you are someone who wants to rise in Rank

I know. Thats how frustrating negative PRA has been over literally hundreds of games. Maybe thousands

I agree with how about how the Personal Rank Adjustment can just be infuriating to get

Especially after a win

This system is incredibly annoying because at least two different systems of matchmaking are being used in this game’s Ranked mode

Your Rank and your hidden Match Making Rating

Your hidden rating relative to your visible Rank is what tends to determine your Personal Rank Adjustment based on my observations

Unfortunately nothing much can be done about this other than trying to win games

As this system is in place to help those of a Higher or Lower rating reach the Rank the system thinks a player should be

But disconnecting from a Draft does not help anyone including yourself

Because when you do:

Nine other players are losing their chance to play a game they may have spend a lot of time searching for

That’s because PRA is linked to your MMR & Rank. It happens when your MMR is Higher/Lower than your expected rank, and is meant to link you to where you should be based on your MMR. The idea is that Rank can fluctuate a lot faster than MMR. So someone with an (un)lucky streak could get too far from their ‘normal’ rank, at which point PRA is supposed to balance things out until MMR catches up. (No comment on how useful this is, or how accurate the MMR is).

So your whole queue dodging is completely pointless. You get negative PRA because your Rank is (temporarily) higher than your MMR, and it drops (or disappears) from dodging because then your lost Rank points put you closer to your expected rank. But if you then climb (too fast) out of your MMR range again, it’s obviously going to come back until your MMR catches up. If anything you’re actually hurting your progress by constantly dodging & dropping back to lower ranks, rather than playing in the higher MMR ranges where your MMR would actually climb faster.

1 Like