2-2-2 roles lock should be removed in QP and CP

Once again I’m kindly asking Blizzard to rethink this system and maybe just let people have ban system, one hero ban for each team. It’s really hard to find a game in duo, trio while you have 1 DPS player.

11 Likes

Agreed. They can add role locked mode in arcade instead.

6 Likes

Once again, 222 role queue is fine, you need to learn to adapt.

System isn’t going anywhere.

6 Likes

YOU think its fine. The big majority of the playerbase who stucks in a horrendeous queue right now would disagree.

6 Likes

Wrong, the actual majority think it’s fine, as proven by the data blizzard has.

Anything else, anyone else who has an opinion thinking otherwise is invalid by the simple existence of said data.

there are multiple ways of handling such queues, and Blizzard are even bringing in a way for you to play QPC/Arcade/DM etc

4 Likes

Yes guess what, people asking for lower queue times for dps are not interested in playing QPC /Arcade / DM etc. So no is not fine. Plus they aren’t even asking for role lock to be removed but for a solution for high queue times for dps role.
I don’t think you ( and i’m not referring to you in particular) actually realize the problems this thing causes on a bigger scale.

1 Like

RQ very bad
RQ no fun

2 Likes

There is an obvious fix for long queue times “caused” by 2-2-2: Switch role.
DPS annoyed by 2-2-2 are just angry they aren’t allowed to ruin team comp anymore.

6 Likes

Except in a vast amount of cases, they are asking for role lock to be removed.

There is no solution to the high queue times other than what’s already there, it’s a literal mathematics equation.

You guys have options, use them.

3 Likes

Your opinion doesn’t matter, Blizzard has the data proving otherwise

Don’t bother with him. He’s a troll that uses couple of accounts to say the same thing over and over again like a windup parrot every time somebody criticizes 2-2-2 or suggests changes to it. Not worth the headache.

2 Likes

Flagged yet again, I cannot wait to see you take a forum vacation.

Do make sure you learn your lesson this time, especially on being able to tell two people apart.

You’re one of the medium trolls I’ve seen on here but you’re working your way up the ladder, or should I say down it?

all right, show me the data that indicates players to enjoy being stuck in 10 minute queues.

1 Like

Irrelevant, and you know it’s irrelevant. You fail at trying to make a point here boy.

dps do not matter anymore than any other role.

You’re treated equally, try switching to a different role or playing a different game mode.

or my personal favourite, quit. But wait, *you * already did. Meaning your opinion means less than nothing

3 Likes

And what data would that be exactly? Data not collected?

Blizzard has brought in the “while you wait” ability for players to play the game whilst waiting instead of sitting in a que (DPS players that is). So that pretty much renders any argument null and void about “players enjoying being stuck in a queue”. Why? Because if you have multiple ways to play the game (not just one) whilst waiting for a Comp game, or Quickplay, and you refuse to engage with them, that’s then on you and not the game.

the data you referred to. Give a link.

if I wanted to play any of that sh*t I wouldn’t complain about comp being unplayable due to long queue times. I wouldn’t bother. But comp is the real game and I’m not interested in any of the arcade stuff.

1 Like

Why the heck not? What’s the difference between QPC and QP with no role lock?

I still find it funny how some of you believe role q was a success when 1/3 classes can take 10x longer to find a game.

I mean if you ONLY play tank or support, sure, I can see how in that bubble role q was a success. But if like most players you mix it up and play all 3 classes, the discrepancy between wait times, where DPS can take 10x longer to find a game, completely ruins role q for me.

I feel like at this point, any threads or posts we make on suggestions how to improve role q, like removing it from QP, etc, it will all fall on deaf ears. I think Blizzard is done with OW1 and is putting 99% efforts in the follow up sequel, which sadly which have the same issues as the first game since the same hero roster will carry over and (sadly) role q too. So don’t expect anything to change. We will face the same exact problems with slightly better graphics.

I hope they get rid of role q for OW2.

1 Like

Developer Update | Role Queue | Overwatch - YouTube - note more upvotes than downvotes

So you confirm the issue is with you and not the game, thereby rendering your opinion meaningless

All roles treated equally, overall positive reception, yeah it’s a success.