2-2-2 sugestions

i think u should be able to pick a team comp to play like 2-2-2 or 3-3 instead of just being locked into 2-2-2, also be able to request to switch roles midway through a game

One suggestion i heard, that was generally amazing, was that the people who are queued can swap between their chosen roles in game, so long as they are within like a 500 SR limit on that role too.

Seeing as people that queue obviously work together, this would allow for some flexibility in them, that could allow for more diversity needed for the team, without ruining the structural integrity of people picking, what ever they want to.

While swapping roles does sound like a good idea initially, I believe there are some issues with it, even with a limit on SR difference.

I already discussed it here:

Linking so we could consolidate the discussion in one place. Curious how people feel about it.

Well initially i see the issues you present as rather good.

But then again, it is tough, though with queued with and SR limitation as blocks, it should still make it less problematic, it only really was a thing i thought is needed for high Tiers, where swapping is not an option unless you can play that hero, when in low tiers, anything can work in any game and swapping doesn´t always hurt as much.

I really don’t. Some people see it as bringing more flexibility in the match, which is a fair point, but I see it more as queueing as a tank, and then get people in the match nagging to switch because other people turn out to have higher tank SR, or heck, just simply because I make one mistake while playing.

And apart from that, how would you calculate SR gain/loss when roles can be swapped mid-game? I’ve seen a suggestion to split the SR between the roles you played during that game, but that would allow people to queue with their lowest rated role, and then swap to their highest to effectively boost their own SR from their lower role…

Again, I agree that this would allow for more flexibility in a match, but that benefit is really not enough for me to outweigh the issues.

Well my way doesn´t really allow that, since it would only be between friends, that queue.

yeah this is also an outlier, that requires some thought. But again, you have to see it from the perspective of similar SR roles, not that you can boost your GM DPS, by swapping to gold support, you could only go onto your GM Support, that you agreed to with your queued up partner.

TBH idc that much really, i love 2 2 2 , but i didn´t mind that idea, since it would serve as a way to satisfy the haters. But then again, they will never stop i guess.