Welcome to the first Overwatch 2 PvP Beta

Welcome to the first Overwatch 2 PvP Beta

FAQ, Twitch Drops, and Beta Bash Stream

View Full Article

3 Likes

I think my code got lost

Could I have an invitation for the beta? :smiley:

so this beta took 900 days to release…was advertised as ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’‘open’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’ beta…but only streamers/kotaku reviewers got beta keys…ok??

1 Like

why only streamers get access?

1 Like

hi there^^

i m playing overwatch (since 2018) i m playing wow (since 2007 -taken a small break atm) i m playing HS (since 2016) i never got beta alfa mega whatever…why tell me pls? and now my friends playing overwatch 2 beta and i don t ! why -cause u didn t send me beta key again! u never sent! i don t wan t to watch twich for this ,i don t have to cause i m a veteran Billizard games gamer! thank u.

5 Likes

Like many, I’ve been a very dedicated Blizzard gamer, but that doesn’t entitle me to beta access. A beta is for Blizzard to test their game and they will probably try to get a wide range of different hardware/software used by gamers. Especially lower end hardware is really wanted in these kind of tests.

And ofcourse big streamers get access. Next to testing the game, it’s there for advertisement, they want coverage.

Atleast Blizzard is giving everyone a chance to get access tomorrow just by watching some of the streams for 4 hours. So I don’t think we got a lot to complain about the exclusivity of this beta test.

Yeah, fair enough. It just be nice to participate, it`s been a very long wait haha. Also, people are used to the fact that in every game usually beta is available for everyone.

It is open to everyone, and I’m not a streamer and got in. I know many people who did.

Literally anyone can get access tomorrow.

Some people have to work and don’t have time to watch 4 hours of streams, not that I ever would anyway.

I think it’s a shame people that have been playing for many years don’t get the chance. They prefer Twitch streamers n such.

2 Likes

You only need to watch from about 7pm onwards. Work shouldn’t be an issue in EU, unless you work nights obvs.

Just put it on a phone or tablet and leave it out of sight while you do other things. Be warned you only have an 8 hour window to get the view time in.

edit… it might actually be 6pm UK based on what I’ve just heard someone say.

Also, what is wrong with preferring Twitch streamers… they literally promote the game for free. It is the best advertising you can get.

Which is exactly what I’m doing this week.

Not that I have a problem with Twitch streamers, but a friend watched one today of a girl streamer playing it and she didn’t have a clue.

Depends what your job is… As a gym instructor, that’s not possible.

I’d slap a stream on my phone and leave it running then.

Don’t know what the gender has to do with it, but yes they have got some that have never played before involved. They are trying to reach new audiences and get new players interested.

A gym instructor can put it on their phone and leave their phone in a locker, bag or office. Easily doable.

Female streamers tend to get big audiences.

No it isn’t since I have clients that contact me by phone.

Factually inaccurate. The list of most viewed streamers is mostly all male, with 1 or 2 females. So I am not sure where you have got that idea from.

Use another device then. A second phone, a tablet, a PC in an office. Also, watching twitch isn’t interrupted by phone calls, it just mutes the stream. Unless you have an older phone.

edit.
Just to clarify the first point. In April the highest view female streamer is only #62 in the whole list. There isn’t any other female streamers in the top 100.

I’m not leaving my PC on all day just to watch a stream. :man_shrugging:

The fact you need to watch a stream for 4 hours just to be able to try Beta is a bit of a joke in itself.

2 Likes

You can just put it on and lock the pc. Not really. It helps Blizzard give something back to people have have promoted their products for free, and also entice new people into promoting it for free.

It is actually a really smart move. Given that OW is tonight the most watched game on Twitch. more than double what LoL is bringing in. And that number will most likely be even higher tomorrow with the drops.

This plan of Blizzards is making streamers decent money, and is essentially paying them a little for their efforts over the years.

Agree to disagree. :man_shrugging:

I would be interested in seeing what scheme you’d go for to generate the hype and attention?

Just giving it to everyone now might seem like a great idea, but it doesn’t reward the streamers who dedicate their time and life to playing, and doesn’t make it as special an event. Just look at the Twitter traffic just from people talking about waiting to get in.

Oh man, just played my last game of the night on Hog… he really is bottom tier of the tanks right now.

Phew! I was worried that my favourite streamers were broke! Just dropped another £5 dono-bomb to XQC so he can eat tonight.

1 Like